Sprite/7Up

typf2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just wanted to gauge the crowd, but is there anyone out there that just likes to keep it simple with a bourbon and sprite or 7up? I haven't quite yet made it to the consistently drinking it straight, or on the rocks yet. I'm taking baby steps! Open to any tips from the crowd.

I will drink that from time to time.  Whiskey and lemon-lime sodas go together great!  I think it was Elmer T Lee who loved the two together.

• I like it 1

Just keep dropping the soda volume down about 10% every week while you adjust to the flavor of the bourbon. 

You'll be in the sweet spot in about 10 weeks!  :lol:

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 1

Lemon-lime

Ginger Ale

Root Beer

Cream Ale

Cola

All good ways to drink mediocre tuition whasky. 

My goal is to eliminate all of the tuition whasky from my bunker by judicious mixing with fizzy lifting drinks. 

• I like it 1

Bourbon has its nuances, but so do colas and citrus drinks. Jack and Coke is kinda the given. :rolleyes:  I have been known to use a mixer (Coke, 7 Up, etc..) occasionally. Over the years I've noticed that when you use Cola's as a mixer, some bourbons taste better with Coke, some with Pepsi, and some with RC. Same with the citrus drinks. Some bourbons taste better with 7 Up, some with Sprite, and some with Sierra Mist.  

I'm really not trying to complicate things for you, but...... :huh:

Sláinte! Joe

• I like it 1

Personally I go with ginger ale with the bottom shelf whiskey when I'm in that kind of mood. And I prefer Vernors specifically

I was a JIm Beam and Coke guy in my much younger years, but I haven't had it in at least 25 years. I never was a fan of bourbon and 7up/Sprite even though 7&7 was a very popular drink for many people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, but I have yet to find anything that helps Beam White. :mellow:

Sláinte! Joe

18 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Personally I go with ginger ale with the bottom shelf whiskey when I'm in that kind of mood. And I prefer Vernors specifically

I love the Vernor's!

Just my opinion, but I have yet to find anything that helps Beam White. :mellow:

Sláinte! Joe

Joe, you are probably correct about the current Beam White, but back in the late 70's and early 80's when I was consuming JB and Coke on a fairly regular basis, it was rather tasty!

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Joe, you are probably correct about the current Beam White, but back in the late 70's and early 80's when I was consuming JB and Coke on a fairly regular basis, it was rather tasty!

Understood Jeff. Back in the day, it was CC and Coke for me. :huh:

Sláinte! Joe

How about throw back a whole shot glass and chase with soft drink? :wacko:

That was my "back in the day".  Even a bottle of S-W Old Fitz 12 year got that treatment.

If you're into sipping a highball, consider adding a dash of cocktail bitters.

• I like it 1

Great! Thanks for all of the input fellas! I always start off with a couple of sips of just the bourbon of my choosing that night on ice, then I add the mix when I'm sitting down to watch the game. 

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I will drink that from time to time.  Whiskey and lemon-lime sodas go together great!  I think it was Elmer T Lee who loved the two together.

Well if it's a good enough combo for Elmer, then it's certainly good enough for me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.