Jim Beam's smart decanter will pour you a shot when you ask

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What the hell???

It's important to note that the "smart" functions will only last for about six months -- at that point, the 3G will expire, and it will work only as a regular decanter.

It is a bit goofy as it is. Indeed, some of the responses make it sound as if it is more of a prank than a legitimate item. But it then expires??? 

A co-worker and I were reading about this today...and watched the Youtube video.  I thought it was a joke.  It appears real..but out of stock.  I'd buy one too!

This is borderline hilarious!!  

What to ask....

"Hey Jim!  What's it F'n take to get a drink in this place?!?!"

"Hey Jim!  You give me another one of those short pours and I'm gonna rip your F'n batteries out!"

"Hey Jim!  You're butt ugly.  How do I get a nekkid Mila Kunis to be at my beck and  call and pour me drinks?"

;)

• I like it 2

smokinjoe's comments are better than Fred's.  Can I get a decanter with Joe's?:D  And, does it come in anything other than JBW?

I can just about hear in my mind the sort of conversation that was had around the big conference room table at Beam Suntory HQ...

Maybe it went something like this:

The Chairman says; "JB White is languishing.  US sales are only up 5% YOY, international sales are only up around 7% YOY.    We have to do something quickly, or we'll lose claim to the tag line we've used for so long (World's Number One Selling Bourbon)."     

Production says; "We're already dragging all the qualified barrels out of the rick houses, as fast as we can; and still maintain the quality we need for our brands to remain competitive!   We really can't sell any of the other stuff that's aged into the market.  It's awful.  That's why its' still sitting there"

The new kid in Marketing says: "The biggest growth both onshore and off has been in the 'young-people-of-drinking-age-with-disposable-income' segment.  Those kids are notorious for their worship of 'new' technology, right?  And, they are already coming to Bourbon, including our brands, right?  Sooo, we put those two things together, yes?  It'll be nearly irresistible to 'em!  Here's what we do: come up with some electronic tech thingie (voice activated is hot now, so that's a must), and put our lousiest juice into it.    Kills at least two birds with one stone, as I see it playing out.  Gets us out from under the tight supply issue by allowing us to sell the junk, lets us tie our brand to 'technology' thus convincing these young idiots that we 'get them', and we can roll it out just in time for the Holiday gift-buying foolishness, so many of the friends and significant others of the target segment will be sucked in, as well!  WE CAN'T LOSE!  I'M A GENIUS!"

The Chairman responds; "He's Right!   ...On all counts!  Promote this kid..."NOW!!!  ...And, somebody get this product into production.  ...YESTERDAY!!!   Meeting adjourned.    Let's go get a pour or two of Maker's 46 CS.  We've earned it!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.