Bourbon and the Stock Market

Limegoldconvertible68
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I love drinking bourbon and I love buying bourbon. It seems like every time I find something I love it turns out that I should have invested in my pastime because everyone else gets into it and the investment soars without me. I know Sazerac is privately held and Beam is a big conglomeration.  Does anyone know which Brands of bourbon have a presence on the stock market?  The only one I am currently aware of is Jefferson’s.  The ticker symbol is ROK for Castle Brands. Included in their brand is Gosling Rum. The share price is currently $1.30.  Seems like a decent takeover target. Does anybody know any other Bourbon Brands and the ticker symbol connected to them?  

• 1 month later...

I have been a big fan of MGPI stock (and their whiskey).  It’s a pure spirit / whiskey play and has more meat than ROX.  It has gone up so much in the past few years that it’s hard to recommend without saying do your research.  It’s at near ATH right now as is much of the market.  That said, I recently bought some at $77 and feel like it will do well when it reports FY 17 in a month or so.  The company has a lot of Brown Forman expertise and I respect the work they put in.   FYI, they produce roughly 60% of the rye market, which is booming within American whiskey (as I am sure you are all aware). I still see MGPI as an underrated stock, that the market isn’t generally aware of.  I wish I had put in more money back in the day, but I can’t complain with the growth it has seen.  Incredible. 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:53 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Does anyone know which Brands of bourbon have a presence on the stock market?  The only one I am currently aware of is Jefferson’s.  The ticker symbol is ROK for Castle Brands. Included in their brand is Gosling Rum. The share price is currently $1.30.

A quick look, ROK is highly leveraged, only 200M market cap, mostly held by individuals, and running out of earnings growth. Sounds like a formula for takeover, but that should have already happened?  I liked Jeffersons a lot, but got turned off with the controversy.   Everyone already distills their own bourbon(s), or already have a NDP bourbon brand.  I'd be less optimistic of a take over, and more wary of an earnings slide. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.