Whats Your Christmas Eve/Christmas Day bourbon

Dango
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I'm too lazy to go to the store to buy Rumple Minze!  :lol:  The candy canes are already here.

Fortunately I only have to go as far as the basement to get the Rumple Minze! Although some days I am too lazy to even do that... :)

I'll be taking a bottle of ETL to enjoy with my girlfriend's brother in-law for a get together Saturday evening, he has recently gotten into bourbon and hasn't been able to enjoy some of the harder to find stuff. For Christmas Eve/Christmas I'll probably break open the PHC11 or Michter 10 I recently obtained. Both would be a wonderful pour to enjoy around this time. 

6 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Fortunately I only have to go as far as the basement to get the Rumple Minze! Although some days I am too lazy to even do that... :)

Damn, we're two lazy SOBs...  :lol:

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Damn, we're two lazy SOBs...  :lol:

I'll drink to that! :D

With or without the Rumple Minze...

Indeed!  If you can't be lazy this time of year, when can you?  Bottoms up!

On 12/21/2017 at 8:05 AM, smokinjoe said:

Indeed!  If you can't be lazy this time of year, when can you?  Bottoms up!

I aspire to be as lazy as possible during the last week of the year.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

I aspire to be as lazy as possible during the last week of the year.

Ahhh, a man after my own heart.   :)

Though, if truth be told, I try to exhibit such behavior every week of the year.    ...And, am generally successful in this endeavor, now that I'm retired.   He-Heeee!   :D

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ahhh, a man after my own heart.   :)

Though, if truth be told, I try to exhibit such behavior every week of the year.    ...And, am generally successful in this endeavor, now that I'm retired.   He-Heeee!   :D

Me three!!!   :P

On 12/19/2017 at 9:17 AM, Richnimrod said:

Christmas Eve will find family gathered (my son from far away, as well as daughter and son-in-law from nearby), and will call for extra-celebratory pours for those who wish to imbibe.  

Probably I'll offer up one or more Pappy iterations, and my new acquisition of WLW certainly will be opened and enjoyed.     I'll also search the bunker and hopefully find the very last remaining bottle HHSS (SB pick).

These sorts of special occasions just seem to call for 'the good stuff'; and it always seems to taste EVEN BETTER when enjoyed by those close to us at such times.

Saw this thread and figured "I better see if Dad posted what he'll be pouring!!"  Always look forward to this time of year, and hell - it could be Jim Beam white and I'd enjoy the hell out of it if only given the company.

On those unfortunate holidays when I'm stuck in Georgia, I tend to look to THH as a favorite.  Something about that just says Christmas to me.

(note to Dad - PLEEEEEZ don't decant that WLW and fill it with JBW!)  

• I like it 2

I bought some special whiskey thats hard to find here in Canada where I'm from. For Christmas and my brothers birthday I have redbreast 12 year cask strength and smooth ambler. For new years my brother got me a 4 roses barrel strength obsv from the states. You can't even get 4 roses here, so it's a special treat. Looking forward to it. :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 5

My wife's family doesn't drink (at least in public), so we attend a great party at our "adopted" family instead. They've asked me to bring a few things for the bar for folks to try-- hopefully not to be mixed with Coke, etc. I've tried to keep the proof down so everyone can make it home safely. I've tried to cover the bases with variety-- although the Single Malt Scotch gets a bit Islay heavy. I've tried to include as many age stated bottles as possible.

Eagle Rare 10 PS

Weller 12

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

George Dickel 9 Year PS

Oban 14

Caol Ila 12

Lagavulin 16

Hazelburn 12

Ardbeg 10

Stranahan's Rocky Mountain Single Malt

We're also bringing a Jamaican rum punch (Crimean Cup a la Marmora) which I'll document in the cocktail section later.

• I like it 3

I have two kids with the flu this year so we will not be seeing family. I plan on lighting a nice fire and having a hearty glass of OWA as I do most every Christmas

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Surtur said:

I have two kids with the flu this year so we will not be seeing family. I plan on lighting a nice fire and having a hearty glass of OWA as I do most every Christmas

Please tell me your handle is a reference to the Norse/Marvel Character, that would give that last sentence a little extra special meaning!

Bringing a bottle of CEHT SmB to my BIL's Christmas Dinner.  I'll probably be the only Bourbon drinker there, unless someone breaks out the Cokes for mixers.  Hate to see good whiskey unappreciated, but sometimes a bottle must be sacrificed in the name of family. 

I know I'll have a glass in my hand - and a smile on my face.

Merry Christmas

• I like it 1

Got my girlfriend’s father a bottle of B517 that we’re about to crack with her brothers. Should make for a good Christmas pour!

449D2C4B-8339-4192-BFE4-B5AC9E8A753D.jpeg

• I like it 2

Soooo....I'm not sure what this says about me...  

But, took my candy cane infused Maker's, and put the new MM Ambassador Holiday gift special label and bows on the bottle.  Then, finished off with other previous Maker's Holiday swag:  Maker's 46 scarf, Maker's stocking cap, Maker's ear muffs, and Maker's hanging mistletoe.  I'll say, Maker's seems overly concerned with keeping the wax warm...  :D  A pour now in my...Maker's shot glass...and wishing all the SB family in Bourbonia a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.  

IMG_4436.JPG

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, NYCBourbon said:

Got my girlfriend’s father a bottle of B517 that we’re about to crack with her brothers. Should make for a good Christmas pour!

449D2C4B-8339-4192-BFE4-B5AC9E8A753D.jpeg

That is a fabulous bourbon. I know you will enjoy it. 

• I like it 1

Me and the wife decided to have a few things to pretend give each other so the kiddo wouldn't be the only one opening gifts.

I gave her a bottle of Champagne and she gave me this. Bought this a couple weeks ago. I liked the bag.

a79552d89d09c4ef90f04b1ed34ddbc9.jpg

Christmas Eve I ended up doing a SBS with my very first taste/bottle of OWA. Really enjoyed the OWA and noticed something about Larceny that I had not noticed before. There was bit of funk in the taste. Hard to describe other than I did not like it. Will have to see how it does on its own next session.

BBF83E5A-5E3F-4327-BC05-751B5D7B4597.jpeg

27 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Christmas Eve I ended up doing a SBS with my very first taste/bottle of OWA. Really enjoyed the OWA and noticed something about Larceny that I had not noticed before. There was bit of funk in the taste. Hard to describe other than I did not like it. Will have to see how it does on its own next session.

BBF83E5A-5E3F-4327-BC05-751B5D7B4597.jpeg

Well done! That’s a really cool SBS. We try to put things in categories but wheated bourbons are not all the same. I’ve said repeatedly you cannot compare larceny or RY10 to Weller. They are very different. Same for MM. Putting them all in a SBSBS would illuminate the most important person in the world as to their different profiles — the person drinking them. Well done!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.