What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally getting around to this release.  I find the nose to be really nice.  Banana/Maple with lots of baking spice.  Taste has nice oak (10 year aged is my wheelhouse), vanilla and dark cherry.  Finish is medium but nice.  Legs are good.  B+ imho.  This is from the second (?) release in November.  I’d buy another.

AA1BA301-B076-418A-B365-2E797FF6162D.jpeg

Ya'll probably getting sick of me mentioning Clemson in my posts, but got a big haul on early signing day today.  So you know what that means...the PVW 20 is in the heezy.

11 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Winter starts tomorrow.  Just getting the topic ready.

WOW!   C&B, your are ON THE BALL!!!!     Good for you, my friend.

I have been repeatedly murdering 'The Turkey' since Thanksgiving week.   :o

Today I finished off a bottle of RRSmBSB (GBS Pick) that was just screaming at me for the entire 4+weex.     It was 3/4 full then; gone now.

Not the only WT offering I've hit repeatedly; but the best of the bunch, and has suffered the most for it's excellence.     Gone; but, not forgotten. 

I wouldn't be surprised if one of it's brethren is opened and well-poured before the year ends.     So damned tasty! :P

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Bourserker said:

Ya'll probably getting sick of me mentioning Clemson in my posts, but got a big haul on early signing day today.  So you know what that means...the PVW 20 is in the heezy.

Tigernetter? Go Tigers!

Got this as a Christmas gift from a co-worker and I like it.  Always thought the CEHT Small Batch was so-so, but I do like the SiB.

2737BCD8-3B5D-4683-AD0F-54B4974EA4D1.jpeg

• I like it 8

8 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Got this as a Christmas gift from a co-worker and I like it.  Always thought the CEHT Small Batch was so-so, but I do like the SiB.

Wow. Cant imagine getting a gift like that from a coworker. Hell I've maybe only ever gotten a gift from my family a few times with that much $ value! Fifty bucks is usually the max.

That's not a "cry in my beer" statement. Just interesting to note regional and cultural differences. 

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I can't imagine a coworker getting me something this expensive and nice either. Congratulations! and Nice pour!!

14 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Tigernetter? Go Tigers!

Actually been on there for a long time, but just recently decided to join.

16 hours ago, $helby said:

Little Book

In my quest not to give up on this one too quickly I tried it again last night with some friends. Still a hot mess for me. Unfortunately it is hard to find anything about it that I like.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Bourserker said:

I am an Alabama grad (seem my user name) and I think you guy will take care of us in a few week. We just had another LB go down this week. I plan to open something before the game and be happy we found our way into the playoff. Good luck!

Celebrating my big hunt. Put out 2 traps last night and found 2 dead meases today. Finishing the sample bottle of RHF courtesy of a fellow SB'r. :D

ps - all you Clemson tiggers, this is a Nats board. Harry and I already laid our claim. :P

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, BamaGrad2005 said:

I am an Alabama grad (seem my user name) and I think you guy will take care of us in a few week. We just had another LB go down this week. I plan to open something before the game and be happy we found our way into the playoff. Good luck!

I don't know, if it's anything like the last 2 years it could be another classic.  All I know is that Saban is one of the best coaches, and he'll have that team ready to play.  So let's just say that I wasn't super excited to find out that Bama was going to be our opponent in the first round.

7 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Celebrating my big hunt. Put out 2 traps last night and found 2 dead meases today. Finishing the sample bottle of RHF courtesy of a fellow SB'r. :D

ps - all you Clemson tiggers, this is a Nats board. Harry and I already laid our claim. :P

Man, I hate mice...would definitely need whiskey to deal with 'em.

So who the heck are the Nats?

3 minutes ago, Bourserker said:

So who the heck are the Nats?

The baseball team that plays on the other side of the Potomac from us. ;)

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, DCFan said:

The baseball team that plays on the other side of the Potomac from us. ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...Nationals...gotcha.  Not a big baseball fan.  Pretty much only follow college football and some NFL.  So we don't have any kind of conflict here as far as I'm concerned. :D

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

I can't imagine a coworker getting me something this expensive and nice either. Congratulations! and Nice pour!!

A couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the office for 4 extra hours helping them fix a problem that they created.  Don't normally get gifts from co-workers, but I feel I earned this one.

3 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

A couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the office for 4 extra hours helping them fix a problem that they created.  Don't normally get gifts from co-workers, but I feel I earned this one.

Every once in a while............. ;)

Biba! Joe

Celebrating my big hunt. Put out 2 traps last night and found 2 dead meases today. Finishing the sample bottle of RHF courtesy of a fellow SB'r. [emoji3]

ps - all you Clemson tiggers, this is a Nats board. Harry and I already laid our claim. [emoji14]

Thought it was a Stros board?

P.S. baseball season is dead, football time is here. It's like reading the Bernstein Bears book to my kid that explains the different seasonal sports.

Operation bottle kill in effect. Tough job, but need to celebrate as granite guys just finished my countertops. If all goes well I'll be getting appliances installed tomorrow and might be able to have a kitchen for Christmas. Harvey can EAD.

Salut!

0e0cbe71be163af67b9be301d5e049e4.jpg

• I like it 2

This is my first glass of this. The further along I got the more I liked it. At the price point there are a few others (HM10, 4R SiB, RR10) that are in my wheelhouse. It’s too early to say if this one can hang with those, but I’m not ruling it out. 

48C0747C-1964-49C3-8031-8B297BF603D1.jpeg

A small pour of W12 to celebrate finishing up work for the year. Always a good feeling when you know you don't have to go into the office for a while.

Will probably move to OWA and ETL later while watching college football.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.