What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Surtur said:

I mean in the sense of BTAC. They don't do any AMERICAN allocated releases where it comes out once a year and I have to either wait in line with thousands of people or be in a lottery with even more. Every time WT releases a premium, I'm able to run to the store and buy it immediately, even though I pass because I prefer their cheaper expressions. I can go grab a Rare Breed any day, any time of year for $40-$50

The most recent WT premiums (Diamond, Master’s Keep, Decade) are most certainly allocated in the same vein as the BTAC.  Once per year releases in limited numbers.  Your being able to easily get these off the shelf has less to do with intentional over supply of an “allocated” release, but rather more with under demand of an “allocated” release.  I can assure you, WT would love to have the same demand as BT does with BTAC.  Still, these WT LEs can be a tough find in many areas.  

Enjoying a pour of Baker's on the rocks with a splash of Angostura... I'm sure that makes it a cocktail right?

The most recent WT premiums (Diamond, Master’s Keep, Decade) are most certainly allocated in the same vein as the BTAC.  Once per year releases in limited numbers.  Your being able to easily get these off the shelf has less to do with intentional over supply of an “allocated” release, but rather more with under demand of an “allocated” release.  I can assure you, WT would love to have the same demand as BT does with BTAC.  Still, these WT LEs can be a tough find in many areas.  

Joe, I agree with most of what you're saying, but I will add that Eddie Russell told me directly that he does think they've been releasing too many bottles of the last few limited edition products and hopes that the future releases will actually be more "limited".
  • I like it 1

Cracked a 1792FP tonight - I'm really enjoying these higher proof versions (FP & BiB).  Gotta open up one of the bunkered 1792RRs though and refresh my memory on the first above-the-bottom-shelf bourbon I tried and enjoyed.   Hopefully I won't get too disappointed comparing it to the the higher octane stuff.....

28 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

12 yrs, 51.6%. Can’t get enough of these low proof cask strength MGP barrels. 

6F0AA081-2E79-4FA8-B455-60D1568B6C4B.jpeg

What the heck is that, a counterfeit glencairn? :)

1 minute ago, Kane said:

What the heck is that, a counterfeit glencairn? :)

I have a couple of those myself they are on Amazon Joyjolt Halo, I actually tend to prefer them for high proof stuff.

A little PS Makers Mark to celebrate the ending of hump day. 

708F720B-6262-475D-81E9-98FB6A7008B5.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 3

I had some Woodford Reserve last night and really enjoyed it.  It was only the second time I've had a pour of it, and the first time I wasn't very impressed.  I think I had been drinking more rye forward bourbons lately and Woodford Reserve left me wanting.  I also had it with ice the night before, but last night just a few drops of water.  I guess that's just another lesson for me to stay open minded!  Last night I really tasted and smelled some of the sweeter notes that seemed to me like honey or butterscotch that I did not pick up on at all the night before.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:33 PM, MTNBourbon said:

Got a chance to do a SBS with the OF 1897 and OF 1920. Big difference in color goes out to the 1920, also bigger caramel note, vanilla, apple, cinnamon, pretty nice dry finish, nice little burn as well. A bigger nod out to the OF 1920.

AuSAZOi.jpg

Truly love the OF 1920! One delicious pour!

• I like it 1

Having some CEHT Small Batch tonight and loving that butter! God Bless all!!! 

Edited by Kozman

19 hours ago, Radioyada said:

A little PS Makers Mark to celebrate the ending of hump day. 

708F720B-6262-475D-81E9-98FB6A7008B5.jpeg

Is that a Waterford crystal glass? Looks similar to mine. Drinking in style! You’ve inspired me to bust out a good glass and enjoy some makers as well. Wish I had some private select, but I’ll live with some MMCS. My first time trying this. Not too many options for high proof wheated bourbons.

cheers!

1B0BDCF5-E713-4768-A5E6-D51B09293F81.jpeg

• I like it 1

Is that a Waterford crystal glass? Looks similar to mine. Drinking in style! You’ve inspired me to bust out a good glass and enjoy some makers as well. Wish I had some private select, but I’ll live with some MMCS. My first time trying this. Not too many options for high proof wheated bourbons.

cheers!
1B0BDCF5-E713-4768-A5E6-D51B09293F81.thumb.jpeg.d514c54bc09b3d6964bb8cb1ff0f4a56.jpeg
Awesome crystal glasses! I always find them a work of art. Same with crystal decanters.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Got sick again! Ugh... I'm much better now and enjoying some wtrb and some ceht smb. I have to say, ceht is a good bourbon but not as great as I was hoping. I think I hyped it up too much. It's a good bourbon, just not worth how much it's being sold for here.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

cheers!

Crystal? Yes. Waterford?  Nah.  Drinking in style?  Always!

If you get the chance to try the MM PS do so.  It is worth it.

11 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Enjoying a small glass of 2017 GTS to end a busy day.  Much needed relaxation.

That must have been some day! 

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Enjoying a small glass of 2017 GTS to end a busy day.  Much needed relaxation.

That'll work!!!    Good for you, Radioyada!   :)

The stuff we save for 'special occasions' worx anytime, every time.  

I say; "Drink 'em!"    That's what they're for.  :P

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.