What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some time you feel like a cube and sometime you don’t.  Tonight it seemed right with a pour of ER.    

F6765B15-2F48-4F53-91B1-5D45AF44903A.jpeg

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Road trip back to the Lone Star state is indicated!   Resistance is futile . . . . . . .  :ph34r:

Update:  Which Spec's is that?  Just checked my College Station Spec's and they list the Bushmills 21 @ $234.73!  Even with their Spec's card cash discount and Texas sales tax that's still a good "chunk of cheddar" away from $130 OTD.  Road trip currently on hold - boo hoo.   :huh: 

Update 2:  Just checked East Plano and Plano Spec's, too.  Still $234.73 - was this a Special Sale or Clearance price?   :(

i picked it up at the east Plano store. They had to unlock the glass case. Was not on sale, or clearance. It was at that price for months, and that was summer and fall 2017. 

11 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Birthday pours, cheers all!

y4mJDH2swxu8VUedDp0V1jL-HkNXGf-TXD8jNV8t

Birthday?  Cheers to you!!!  

• I like it 1

Saturday night before seeing the play School of Rock enjoyed a great dinner at Bistro 301 with my first pour of Noah's Mill.  Was surprised at the amount of flavor.  After the play at the new speakeasy at the Omni Hotel had a pour of KC Rye.

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yes it is Gee. It's my very last one. I'm saving it for a really "special" occasion. I've been fortunate to have had my fair share of Centennial over the last 10 years. Even though I found a few on my own, a number of fellow SB members helped me procure a few others. In paying it forward, it's also been fun to be able to share a few with others along the way. :)

Biba! Joe

cent.jpeg

"Oxygen, I need oxygen.  Be still my beating heart!"   :wub:

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Birthday pours, cheers all!

y4mJDH2swxu8VUedDp0V1jL-HkNXGf-TXD8jNV8t

Happy Birthday!

Cheers :)

• I like it 1

On 3/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mako254 said:

Warehouse and rick?

Rickhouse H. Floor 4 28 2. Barrel # 17-996.

• I like it 1

Watching some NIT with an incredibly corn forward JWDant BIB.  If I didn't know better, I would have pegged this as Mellow Corn.  Not a bad thing, mind you.  

13 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Watching some NIT with an incredibly corn forward JWDant BIB.  If I didn't know better, I would have pegged this as Mellow Corn.  Not a bad thing, mind you.  

Is this recent production Dant? I've passed it by a few times but my love of BIB's keeps me curious

1 hour ago, emr454 said:

Is this recent production Dant? I've passed it by a few times but my love of BIB's keeps me curious

It is a recent bottling.  The corn notes really struck me, as I regularly drink other HH BIB’s and generally consider them to be mostly similar in profile and with only slight differences.  This was huge roasted corn.  I’ll need to spend more time with it to see how it plays going forward on different palate days.

12 hours ago, Kane said:

OWA, pasta, midnight. You know the drill.

:lol: I have so many questions but will save most of them. Does OWA pair better with pasta than other bourbons? Also, what goes on the pasta?

7 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

:lol: I have so many questions but will save most of them. Does OWA pair better with pasta than other bourbons? Also, what goes on the pasta?

Haha, not a pairing, it's just that I always get this craving for pasta as a midnight snack, and the 20min preparation time is a good excuse to pour some no frills bourbon. You know, just to kill time ;) I post this same story quite frequently here.

ECBP A117 tonight.  Been on a diet, so really wanted a bold pour tonight.  Mission accomplished...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.