What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm finally enjoying my first bourbon in the last two weeks. I've been sick as a dog!

I decided to buy one I've never had before. It was a bit pricey, but this one is rare to find here. It tastes really good. I'm not sure if I like it more than ogd bib though. I need to keep trying it more [emoji4]8bb74390fe3c6de0304d73609be7eef6.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

On 2/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, NDN98 said:

That is awesome.  I really like the Bowman Single Barrel and it is one of my daily drinkers, but I have never seen a private barrel pick in my area.

Yeah, this one is from The Party Source, which some of the members that have been on here for a while might remember as one of the stores that sold online.  I bought a bunch of stuff from them before KY stopped them from shipping liquor out of state.

Branching out.

One of the locals in my rotation got this barrel in this week. Enjoying it. 

EBAEF328-3B39-4538-B3D5-690FF2AD5AFC.jpeg

Having a mix I've been enjoying the past few weeks. Since I haven't been on the board forever I'm sure someone else beat me to it.

70/30 WT101 & EV BIB. I love em both but together I taste the highlights of each. If it's truly new I dub it WILD WILLIAMS! If not I'll call it by its original name. :D

man, jealous of some of these other drams but still enjoying my home pour of WT101 none the less!
That's a great choice! Have you tried WT rare breed before? That's what I'm having right now. Always one of my favs!

• I like it 3

Last pour for the night. 

SAOS, 11yr.

My palate must be off a little. I am picking up more age with this bottle than usual. Much more spice & oak. 

An enjoyable pour nonetheless. 

Have a good weekend .

Cheers

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Hello Weekend!  4R is the first step in my attitude adjustment therapy program.  

1560954D-26C7-430E-8515-4307F3F91294.jpeg

A nice way to start the weekend for sure. 

Cheers!

Will. 

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Hello Weekend!  4R is the first step in my attitude adjustment therapy program.  

1560954D-26C7-430E-8515-4307F3F91294.jpeg

Gutted I struck out on this one!

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

How do like this one ? 

That was my first pour from the bottle, I enjoyed it but I'm looking forward to getting to know it better, came off really easy drinking which was unexpected.

5 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

That was my first pour from the bottle, I enjoyed it but I'm looking forward to getting to know it better, came off really easy drinking which was unexpected.

This release is quite smooth for the proof, it's a great bottle, had three pours from mine, now, i'm gonna let it sit for a while then i'll revisit it. 

Enjoy! 

Will.

• I like it 1

A little Turkey before heading out for Italian with Mrssmokinjoe.  

A20DADB9-6E0C-4E93-9E71-6E0879B42B75.jpeg

• I like it 3

Had a nice pour from a medium-fill bottle of Booker's (Toogies), followed by the last bit (a couple ounces) from a stellar store pick (which I helped choose) of Knob 120 and ended up on a nice HMcK from a few years ago. 

If I had any 'capacity' left I don't know what I could have poured to better those three. :P   ...A very nice afternoon!  :)

Last two pours of an older KCSB while watching the snow come down.  I love it when these flavors of vanilla oaky barrel(y) sweetness kill any hints of a bad mood!  

22 hours ago, reeko said:

That's a great choice! Have you tried WT rare breed before? That's what I'm having right now. Always one of my favs!

i have not actually, newer WT101 is the only Turkey i've ever tried and knowing the pedigree i wanna branch out to see how the house style translates. i was actually thinking about some Rare Breed or KS as my next WT purchase...

• I like it 2

After drinking Scotch, this sucker is like candy. Interesting that two PS bottles from liquor stores hundreds of miles away from each other were rather close in the rickhouse (at least it appears so). Not sure if the "selected by" and "selected for" designations are meaningful in this case.

IMG_8691.thumb.jpg.06ebed51d270d1029ed11b00596f30f8.jpg

IMG_8683.thumb.jpeg.5725e9ef4675b52edd6e2f54ea2e8906.jpeg

• I like it 1

Kicked it off with Blade & Bow 22yr and followed that up with OC8yr. The B&B is really good but for the $ it’s the OC8YR all night long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have not actually, newer WT101 is the only Turkey i've ever tried and knowing the pedigree i wanna branch out to see how the house style translates. i was actually thinking about some Rare Breed or KS as my next WT purchase...
I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. In my opinion, the rare breed has a better flavor profile, but the KS is really good too. I prefer the spiciness bite. I feel like it's the evolution from the 101.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.