What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eagle Rare and watching one of my favorite older comedies. Uncle Buck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Ya had too much Weller there Joe.  That quote is from the 10 Commandments, not Ben Hur.  Wouldn't want you going around spouting off incorrect quotes.  You're welcome.

What's a couple of thousand years between friends?

Finished my bottle of Rebel Yell Special Reserve I received for Christmas. Ok bottle, but not something I will ever buy again.

Keeping with my theme of the week.

Running with the "E" recipes...

Q yeast is always a favorite of mine and this bottle is no exception.  Floral and creamy. Yum!

IMAG3155.jpg

• I like it 2

And just because...

If you got it, drink it.

What's the occasion?

It's Wednesday.

:P

Holy cow!

This has been open for about a year and it has become exquisite!

Caramel,  Vanilla,  Oak, & just a hint of fresh berries.

Thick, rich, & velvety smooth.

No burn at all.

IMAG3156.jpg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

And just because...

If you got it, drink it.

What's the occasion?

It's Wednesday.

:P

Holy cow!

This has been open for about a year and it has become exquisite!

Caramel,  Vanilla,  Oak, & just a hint of fresh berries.

Thick, rich, & velvety smooth.

No burn at all.

IMAG3156.jpg

Man, I am so jealous. As a notorious 4R disser, even I bow down to this. In all my search I just couldn't hunt this one down.

Edited by Kane

Following @Masset1982 lead. 

12 year old Old Scout. Ain’t gonna lie, I like MGP juice more than some of the KY big boys. 

A4421FE3-A6AB-4C50-817B-0CA6B6CA925D.jpeg

• I like it 3

Some WTKS, followed by OF1920. Preceded by some St. Bernardus abt 12 with dinner.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Man, I am so jealous. As a notorious 4R disser, even I bow down to this. In all my search I just couldn't hunt this one down.

The best part of it all is that I didn't hunt it down.  The wife surprised me for my birthday with it last year.  :wub:  she's definitely a keeper!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Following @Masset1982 lead. 

12 year old Old Scout. Ain’t gonna lie, I like MGP juice more than some of the KY big boys. 

A4421FE3-A6AB-4C50-817B-0CA6B6CA925D.jpeg

Great choice, enjoy! 

Will.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

The best part of it all is that I didn't hunt it down.  The wife surprised me for my birthday with it last year.  :wub:  she's definitely a keeper!

This is a bitter reminder that I haven't been able to hunt down a woman either.

My son and I enjoyed some ETL and 8 y.o. Old Charter last night to celebrate finishing putting together my new

Resized_20180315_080021.jpg

Love the way it looks and it even has enough storage to hold most of my extras.  

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 4

3 hours ago, Kane said:

So basically, you hate me now... :P

Since Thursday night Golf League started its Makers 46 or Turkey 101 or nothing at the Elks. I enjoyed a bit of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Barrel proof choice for Thursday is Stagg Jr. batch 9. 

Mine too! :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

SAOS 11yr under 100 proof hitting the spot. After finally getting some long over due reports out at work this is tasting very good. d01fe309c4962fc6a41d01fb5caf2e51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Kane said:

I remember passing on this at $120 when it came out. Have never been a member of the cult. I do like the 17 small batch but from what I can tell it's not typical of the releases being all low-rye recipe. I did like Al Young quite a bit as well.

Having some more SJR:C101 tonight while watching the Blues lose another game. Drown my sorrows.

had my first pour of Booker's in a long, long while...  immediately i picked up what i think folks call that classic "Beam Funk", didn't find it off putting necessarily but it was definitely evident. for my palate, i dont think i would say the bottle is worth the tariff it commands but i'll keep trying it.

followed that with a pour of Eagle Rare...  tasty for sure, and almost nondescript after the Booker's, a tasty dram all around, but i think i find EC Small Batch and Henry McKenna BiB more distinctive and with more character at the same price point, or even less.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:27 AM, Kane said:

You're kidding!!!!    Hell, they're all over the place!      I bet I've seen 2 or 3 just this month alone!

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

Loving me some Russell Reserve Single Barrel private selection. Hits all the right notes and the price is right at $49. On my 2nd bottle, may have to go back for 1 or 2 more. Probably 2...

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, ondarocks said:

Loving me some Russell Reserve Single Barrel private selection. Hits all the right notes and the price is right at $49. On my 2nd bottle, may have to go back for 1 or 2 more. Probably 2...

Warehouse and rick?

Working my way through my handle of AAA "10" (well, some short pours - not the whole bottle).  I think I like it better than the JWDant BIB I bought several months ago even though the AAA is 90 proof.  For one thing, adding a cube or so to it doesn't hurt it much.  Why the cube?  Replay of the Nats Spring Training game starts shortly, and I don't want to fall asleep in the 4th inning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.