What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Cornfed12 said:

Passed 4r single barrel for $33.....might need to go back

That's a good price for single barrel. The small batch around me is 33 and single barrel runs 39-45.

4 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I totally disagree. I spent over $3000 on bourbon last year and Almost as much this year.  One store reneged on me with a bottle of ORVW he said had my name on it. I’m sure he sold it at secondary prices instead but now he gets zero of my money going forward.  I’m not sure how that will play out with his bottom line but I suspect it’s not such a big win for him as he thinks. 

You should tell him this either in person or by mail. While most would think that $3k is a lot to spend I'd bet that there are a heckuva lot more big spenders that are making you look like a piker. But still $3k is a lot of business to lose which is why a complaint to the owner might straighten things out between the two of you. If he's indifferent or blows you off then it confirms your instinct to take your business elsewhere but at least he'll know why.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:32 AM, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Passed on WSR @ $70, OWA107 @ $100 & CEHT SmB @ $100.

Seriously?

Wow!!!!!!  Little Rock is practically swimming in WSR right now, 750s and handles, at @ $19/750.   No sign of any reasonable priced OWA or W12 though, much less Blantons, ETL, or RHF

Edited by PowderKeg
  • I like it 1

Another place with GTS for 399. A place that had both W12 & W107 for 70. My mistake was passing up Stagg Jr at yet another place for 43.

But still $3k is a lot of business to lose which is why a complaint to the owner might straighten things out between the two of you.

Regardless of the reason, there is no fixing going back on your word. I've ended friendships for that without regret. There is no way a store would get me back on their door.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Another place with GTS for 399. A place that had both W12 & W107 for 70. My mistake was passing up Stagg Jr at yet another place for 43.

W12 would probably sell instantly here at $70 (not to me). Only store I've seen it lately has it for $199 for a 750 and $299 for a 1.75. 

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

W12 would probably sell instantly here at $70 (not to me). Only store I've seen it lately has it for $199 for a 750 and $299 for a 1.75. 

Got a 750 weller 12 from an ABC in Florida for the grand price of $29.99

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Got a 750 weller 12 from an ABC in Florida for the grand price of $29.99

Yeah I got 3 bottles this fall about 2 hours away from me for $23.99 ea plus tax.

• I like it 1

I had to go out yesterday, so naturally I stopped at a liquor store. :P I passed on a ps BT at a very reasonable price. Happy New Year? :huh:

Biba! Joe

On 12/30/2017 at 9:02 PM, DCFan said:

You should tell him this either in person or by mail. While most would think that $3k is a lot to spend I'd bet that there are a heckuva lot more big spenders that are making you look like a piker. But still $3k is a lot of business to lose which is why a complaint to the owner might straighten things out between the two of you. If he's indifferent or blows you off then it confirms your instinct to take your business elsewhere but at least he'll know why.

Solid and very reasoned advice, DCF.  This is exactly what should be done, IMO.  

1792 High Rye - $49.99

Maker's Mark Private Select - $69.99 (I did try this one and liked it, but I have another MMPS that this store did)

Willett 80th Anniversary - $99.99

Peerless Rye - $129.99

Whistle Pig Black Prince - $499.99 (been seeing this one since July, I don't think it's going to sell until it's marked down)

Pappy Van Winkle (didn't see what the age statement was) - $1,999.99

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Whistle Pig Black Prince - $499.99 (been seeing this one since July, I don't think it's going to sell until it's marked down)

^^^^^ It's sitting on the shelf in almost every store around here too.  Nobody in town seems to care anymore.  :)

Stagg Jr Batch 9 on sale at the local grocery store for $46. Last bottle too. Only passed because I already have 4 or 5 bottles of Stagg Jr so that is probably enough. Still, was hard to pass on it at $46.

• I like it 1

A friend sent me a text today with 2 deals that I’m contemplating going tomorrow for...

A Four Roses gift basket with Elliott’s Select and Al Young for $425 and a bottle of Booker’s Rye for $400.

43 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

A friend sent me a text today with 2 deals that I’m contemplating going tomorrow for...

A Four Roses gift basket with Elliott’s Select and Al Young for $425 and a bottle of Booker’s Rye for $400.

Well the two four roses are great.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:53 AM, JoeTerp said:

1792 High Rye - $49.99

Maker's Mark Private Select - $69.99 (I did try this one and liked it, but I have another MMPS that this store did)

Willett 80th Anniversary - $99.99

Peerless Rye - $129.99

Pappy Van Winkle (didn't see what the age statement was) - $1,999.99

On 1/6/2018 at 11:39 AM, 0895 said:

^^^^^ It's sitting on the shelf in almost every store around here too.  Nobody in town seems to care anymore.  :)

$440 here and still on the shelves.

1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

You won't regret buying the 4R package.

59 minutes ago, 0895 said:

You won't regret buying the 4R package.

Probably but I will say that Booker's Rye, while priced crazy, is probably one of the 2 or 3 best Whiskey's I have ever had.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:48 AM, Clueby said:

Yeah I got 3 bottles this fall about 2 hours away from me for $23.99 ea plus tax.

W12 doesn't make it onto the shelf here. I know I'm knew but if anyone wants to do me a solid? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.