What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

41 minutes ago, emr454 said:

WSR at $49.99. I actually said out loud, "holy fkn s**t!"

Lol, yeah that is way overpriced. Good call.

53 minutes ago, Caleb_the_great said:

Lol, yeah that is way overpriced. Good call.

But I mean isn't it the same thing as Pappy? Haha

Michters Toasted Rye at $90.  I wanted it and the price wasn’t terrible but I’d already bought a few other bottles.

4 minutes ago, Clueby said:

FB_IMG_1519177741740.jpg

There ya go BlackTot..It's happening.  Saw it for 18$ and thought that was a good sign. 

FB_IMG_1519177741740.thumb.jpg.2a1f8b458ce44ae45f92b65abc75048b.jpg

Wow! I've never seen it anywhere close to that price in my area, and probably won't given the distribution and retail store structure in Tennessee. However, we are awash in WSR right now in west TN with no quantity limits, but the cheapest I've seen 750ml bottles lately is $22.99, and the cheapest 1.75L was $35.99...plus 9.25% sales tax.

Wow, would I give anything to get some WSR for $16.99. Not my favorite pour but for that price!

Anyway, I got my 2nd opportunity to buy AECS, but passed. I still could pull the trigger for retail price at $199.99. I bought 2 GTS for less than this price tag! Has a good presentation though. Did I miss out?

23 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Wow! I've never seen it anywhere close to that price in my area, and probably won't given the distribution and retail store structure in Tennessee. However, we are awash in WSR right now in west TN with no quantity limits, but the cheapest I've seen 750ml bottles lately is $22.99, and the cheapest 1.75L was $35.99...plus 9.25% sales tax.

2 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Wow, would I give anything to get some WSR for $16.99. Not my favorite pour but for that price!

Weller SR can, and has been reasonable in my neck of the woods lately, when and if.  :huh: Recently, a couple of places had it at (regional?) MSRP of $23.99-$25.99. At $16.99, I'd buy a case or two and not think twice about it. The Weller whore has spoken. :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

22 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller SR can, and has been reasonable in my neck of the woods lately, when and if.  :huh: Recently, a couple of places had it at (regional?) MSRP of $23.99-$25.99. At $16.99, I'd buy a case or two and not think twice about it. The Weller whore has spoken. :lol:

Biba! Joe

I was in Steamboat Springs Co over xmas, did some hunting, & every store had lotsa WSR. One place had it for $17.99, no limit. Im not a big SR fan, but bought a couple to pass on to my brother & a bud. Back at home its still either absent, in the back so not obvious, or ridiculously priced (tho Binnys recently had their SB version).

Kentucky Owl bourbon for $999.99 :rolleyes:

I also passed on a Kentucky Spirit pewter top for $110. I really would love a bottle of this but I just don't have that cash right now.

Passed on all of these at one store:

OFBB: $400

WSR 750: $70

WSR 1.75: $120

GTS: $800

Lot B: $900

PVW (In its bag-didn't ask which one): $1200

That was probably the most ridiculous display I've seen in this area. I won't be back to that store. :rolleyes:

On 2/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, FasterHorses said:

Will be back for this 11 year store pick year next week.

enhance

You’ll like it. I have been drinking these a lot lately. 

6 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Passed on all of these at one store:

OFBB: $400

WSR 750: $70

WSR 1.75: $120

GTS: $800

Lot B: $900

PVW (In its bag-didn't ask which one): $1200

That was probably the most ridiculous display I've seen in this area. I won't be back to that store. :rolleyes:

I passed on a GTS last night for $349.99 and thought that was bad. :unsure:

On 2/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

I was in Steamboat Springs Co over xmas, did some hunting, & every store had lotsa WSR. One place had it for $17.99, no limit. Im not a big SR fan, but bought a couple to pass on to my brother & a bud. Back at home its still either absent, in the back so not obvious, or ridiculously priced (tho Binnys recently had their SB version).

I recently saw WSR for $15.99 near the Atlanta airport.

5 hours ago, Daveheelga said:

I recently saw WSR for $15.99 near the Atlanta airport.

WSR seems to be stacked up in Georgia lately. Mose shops I hit have at least half a dozen handles reasonably priced. 

22 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

WSR seems to be stacked up in Georgia lately. Mose shops I hit have at least half a dozen handles reasonably priced. 

It really depends. In the Northern suburbs of Atlanta, it's pretty hard to find. I definitely have more luck as I move away from where I live.

Just passed on a Baby Saz for $31 while passing through a small town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed on everything yesterday. I’m finding it much harder to find things that interest me anymore. Once I drink through the 75 or so unopened bottles of bourbon, I’m not sure what I’m going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, lcpfratn said:

Hey just saying Jeff. :) $36/1.75=$0.20.57ml X750=$15.43  Wow $15.43 per 750, now that's the lowest price in the universe. Makes me want to make a Corks run. Again. :)

Hey just saying Jeff. [emoji4] $36/1.75=$0.20.57ml X750=$15.43  Wow $15.43 per 750, now that's the lowest price in the universe. Makes me want to make a Corks run. Again. [emoji4]

Bill, I agree that the comparable 1.75L pricing is compelling, but our 750ml bottle pricing is certainly not in line with some areas. Of course the positive thing is that we are also cheaper than some other areas and can find WSR in just about any store in the Memphis area.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:50 PM, Clueby said:

FB_IMG_1519177741740.jpg

This is a perfect price for this bourbon. Seeing the other inflated prices is just hilarious. 

14 minutes ago, Dango said:

This is a perfect price for this bourbon. Seeing the other inflated prices is just hilarious. 

Yeah I'm not sure if I've ever paid over $20 for it.  I have 3 or 4 older bottles in the bunker so I'm good.  By older I just mean before the new bottle change.  I still really only mix it with OGD114 or occasionally OWA.  I might have some over ice on a hot summer day as well but not something I reach for very often.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.