What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying not to buy too much right now as I’m saving for a trip, but went to the store today to look and picked up this on sale. b6b603954f674242b6dab32ef94e5069.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 4

In Lawrence, KS for the Kansas basketball game and I picked up my first bottle of Stagg Jr yesterday. Tried a swing at the hotel before we went out to dinner and it was excellent! One of my better recent purchases. 

• I like it 1

Hmmm... MGP brand or just credited? For $29 figured I’d give it a try. Probably won’t buy another but it wasn’t bad... A little light 

AD5E9DF0-5B0B-45D3-A293-C4964749D116.png

20 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Friend of a friend bought a barrel of Bowman. Haven’t had it but my buddy says it is pretty solid. 

779AD5FA-254E-4BD1-A24C-5C894CBEB4EA.jpeg

I second your friends opinion. I’m a big fan of the John J.  A lot of interesting debate about its source distiiate with the primary belief that its Buffalo Trace Mashbill #1. Regardless it is tasty juice.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Hmmm... MGP brand or just credited? For $29 figured I’d give it a try. Probably won’t buy another but it wasn’t bad... A little light 

At least they get credit for telling you where it came from.

My first trip to Westport Whiskey & Wine today.  Ended up picking up a PS of WTKS.  Had a taste in the store and was impressed.  They told me they're getting a PS of KC Rye in a couple of weeks.  Looks like another trip is in the works.

10 hours ago, JTaylor said:

MGP brand. Tanner's Creek is right behind the distillery.

• I like it 1

Not a purchase but a gift from a co worker from Kentucky. A timely pick up considering the news from HH today. 

97960E55-2464-4BFF-8A99-AE7F1760FE8D.jpeg

• I like it 3

Apparently, I’m in the barren wasteland of bourbon this week. We took the kids to Orlando. I pop in a local store for a bottle each of bourbon and rye to help mommy and daddy get through the week. The store had damn near nothing in bourbon besides Jim and Jack. The exceptions were an EC small batch for $54!?!? and Larceny. So the $23 bottle of Larceny came with me. For some reason though, it just is not doing it for me. The last two bottles I’ve bought I liked a lot. This one is all sweet corn. Meh.

Picked up an ECBP B517 for $58. It'll likely be a while before I crack this one open, but I'm curious how it stacks up to the older releases.

20 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

What news from HH ?

Check out the thread on the ‘new’ Old Fitz BiB. HH changing it to a twice a year relase. Aprils will be 11 yrs. priced at $110. 

went back to my neighborhood LS to see if they had another bottle from that same batch of Henry McKenna 10 yr BiB i picked up last week (they didn't unfortunately) and saw this on the shelf. given that the recent releases go for mid to high $30's i didn't mind paying $50 for my first dusty, especially because when the store manager cut me a deal to that price. would love to hear impressions from other folks of this bottle, about to dive into Google and Rarebird101 now to see what i can find...

Update: according to the Wild Turkey bar codes (guessing that it also applies Russell's Reserve bottlings too?) this is a bottle from March of 2006

IMG_20180220_191534.jpg

Edited by socalkid
  • I like it 3

Very Old Barton 86 proof

Four Roses Yellow Label

Larceny. All 1.75L

Never tried the VOB, any version, hopefully it was a worthwhile flyer. 

12 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

Very Old Barton 86 proof

Four Roses Yellow Label

Larceny. All 1.75L

Never tried the VOB, any version, hopefully it was a worthwhile flyer. 

The VOB BIB is a great value pour if you can find one, they’re pretty scarce around my parts 

CEHT Straight Rye

HW Double Rye Pinot Noir barrel finish

EW Single Barrel 2007 and 2008

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, thebourbonreport said:

HW Double Rye Pinot Noir barrel finish

Please come back to report on this later. Sounds pretty unique. How many different finishes did those guys do anyway!?

Please come back to report on this later. Sounds pretty unique. How many different finishes did those guys do anyway!?

I definitely will. Haven’t opened it but plan to by the end of the week. Here’s the bottle for now. I had never seen one before.3a36667ab5133f6e9555e33976d7c162.jpg4af623efc9219080689db9417a1cbd5d.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.