What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok I’ll go first. Finally had some time to hunt around the new town. Found a great new local store spent about 45 min in there talking with the owner. He had several store pics one of which was an awesome barrel bourbon pick. However I️ wasn’t ready yet to drop 89 on it. I️ did manage to come home with these below. I️ think he has another ec pick coming this week or next as well.
1b17384d45c788b3af773fe1f72b437e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 4

Found two Bookers Bluegill for $48 apiece out the door.  With the price hike it seemed like a pretty good deal.  This batch also gets decent reviews.  Anyone try it yet?

• I like it 1

Picked up a bottle of OWA this morning while stopping in to grab a bottle of wine for my girlfriend. Was a nice surprise as I did not expect to find anything good this morning. Headed to the counter to pay for the wine and saw a bottle OWA sitting on the counter.

I grabbed a bottle of Bowman Brothers Small Batch today. It and the John J Bowman have been on my “whiskeys to buy” list for a while. A few months ago these were both readily available at pretty much every store I go to. Lately they’ve been less visible. 

Ill likely open it after I finish 4 bottles of other stuff that have a few ounces left. 

7 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Sweet! 

Will. 

Courtesy of Sarah?????? :lol:

Biba! Joe

Its gift giving time, so I bought a KCSB store pic, an Old Fitz BIB, a Benromach 10, & a 1995 Knappogue Castle to give. For myself, W12, a KCSB store pic, & a Founders CBS.

Edited by Whiskeythink.com

2 bottles of OWA, 2 bottles of ECBP B517, a bottle of ETL, a bottle of OFBB 2017 and a bottle of Virgin.    

7 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Low end, high end kinda day!

image.jpg

I've yet to find a C917. Let me know what you think

Online ordered two Elijah Craig barrel proofs for later pickup. I have been told this is the B517 batch, but I guess we will see.

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

I've yet to find a C917. Let me know what you think

Good eye! I may hold this one until winter when I can get together with my worthy bourbon friends but will do a review.

e605f68c47eda50a779618ad5d7a6cf2.jpg
Saw this guy a couple weeks back. Glad he was still there today when I️ swing by. Looking forward to trying the oc8 stagg jr blend. Now if I️ can just remember how many parts of each.

• I like it 1

e605f68c47eda50a779618ad5d7a6cf2.jpg
Saw this guy a couple weeks back. Glad he was still there today when I️ swing by. Looking forward to trying the oc8 stagg jr blend. Now if I️ can just remember how many parts of each.

I now refer to this as the flathute blend. It's two parts Stagg Jr to one part OC8yr. I've been eyeballing lately though.

Is that a 1.75 with an actual handle? I've had 1.75 with no handles with the newer label and older clock dial white labels with a handle. Never seen newer label with a handle. Must be in between age of the two guessing late 2000s.

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

14 yrs, 2 months.

Literally one of the oldest store picks I've ever seen.  Hope it's good.

IMAG2904.jpg

IMAG2905.jpg

Am I missing something here?  :huh:

My (admittedly) limited math ability is telling me that this would have been 14 years and two months old in January of '18.  :o

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Am I missing something here?  :huh:

My (admittedly) limited math ability is telling me that this would have been 14 years and two months old in January of '18.  :o

It's a bottle from the future.  You can get one too, with a little stainless steel car and some plutonium...

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

It's a bottle from the future.  You can get one too, with a little stainless steel car and some plutonium...

All you need is a Mr. Fusion and some household trash.

But..seriously..is it possible that the age was calculated from distilled date and not barreled date? I've noticed that sometimes there is a pretty long gap between the distilled and barreled dates. Legally though isn't bourbon age determined only by time in a barrel?

Wonder what TWCP and Beam's answer will be. I'm sure someone will call them out on it.

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

All you need is a Mr. Fusion and some household trash.

But..seriously..is it possible that the age was calculated from distilled date and not barreled date? I've noticed that sometimes there is a pretty long gap between the distilled and barreled dates. Legally though isn't bourbon age determined only by time in a barrel?

Wonder what TWCP and Beam's answer will be. I'm sure someone will call them out on it.

The car looked better without Mr. Fusion... :P

I was given a bottle of Woodford Reserve and a bottle of Elijah Craig for Christmas from clients.  Bought some 1792 and EWSB 2007.  Got a bottle of ETL and  an increasingly rare Rock Hill Farms two weeks ago from my favorite liquor store. 

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Courtesy of Sarah?????? :lol:

Biba! Joe

Both are ;-) 

Will.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.