CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

thebourbonreport
Please come back to report on this later. Sounds pretty unique. How many different finishes did those guys do anyway!?

I definitely will. Haven’t opened it but plan to by the end of the week. Here’s the bottle for now. I had never seen one before.3a36667ab5133f6e9555e33976d7c162.jpg4af623efc9219080689db9417a1cbd5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mako254

Report,

where in SC did you pick that up?

thebourbonreport
1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Report,

where in SC did you pick that up?

Pavilion Discount Bev - N Myrtle Beach.  $50.  They still had a couple as of yesterday.  

Mako254
25 minutes ago, thebourbonreport said:

Pavilion Discount Bev - N Myrtle Beach.  $50.  They still had a couple as of yesterday.  

Nice. I’ll keep my eye out around here for them. 

Snagged a OF sig (my favorite daily shelfie) and went in w/ some buddies on 4 of these:

1D3F6352-1342-45DE-9672-DD8D3A3101FC.png

thebourbonreport
1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

Nice. I’ll keep my eye out around here for them. 

Snagged a OF sig (my favorite daily shelfie) and went in w/ some buddies on 4 of these:

1D3F6352-1342-45DE-9672-DD8D3A3101FC.png

Very Nice!  MoM does a great job.

Whiskey Lullaby

I have a flight tonight out of Midway tonight headed to Pittsburgh for a meeting tomorrow so I decided to find LS near by. Living in SW Michigan/South Bend, IN I figured I’d see what the Chicago market had to offer. Wasn’t expecting much other than maybe finding an OF BiB that I can’t get in Michigan. The liquor store I found online looked like a hole in the wall but I gave it a shot. Driving up and seeing it didn’t give me a great feeling. Boy, was I wrong! This place was a goldmine! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and the pricing. It was awesome!

I was putting some bottles in a basket and the guy working saw what I was getting and told me he had some Old Weller Antique in the back. I jumped on that as I’d never even seen it before. Most of what I got I don’t see much at home in my liquor stores. 

Here is my score:

OWA: $19.99

Wild Turkey Rare Breed: $27.99

Very Old Barton: $12.99

Old Grand Dad BiB: $19.99

OF BiB: $17.99

If I would have bought any more I’m not sure my wife would let me back in the house when I get home. I wrote down what I need to come back for next time I fly out of Midway. I either never see these at home or they are waaaaay cheaper than what I can get. 

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Contradiction $32

Smooth Ambler Old Scout $21

Old Grand Dad 114 $25

McKenna BiB $28

Sazerac Rye $25

EH Taylor BiB $36

I can’t wait to get home to bust into these new bottles this weekend!

506987C2-AD75-4D08-81C8-A93396173CA1.jpeg

CUfan99

Closest I've got to a dusty :)

IMG_4663.JPG

Edited by CUfan99

Whiskeythink.com
2 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I have a flight tonight out of Midway tonight headed to Pittsburgh for a meeting tomorrow so I decided to find LS near by. Living in SW Michigan/South Bend, IN I figured I’d see what the Chicago market had to offer. Wasn’t expecting much other than maybe finding an OF BiB that I can’t get in Michigan. The liquor store I found online looked like a hole in the wall but I gave it a shot. Driving up and seeing it didn’t give me a great feeling. Boy, was I wrong! This place was a goldmine! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and the pricing. It was awesome!

I was putting some bottles in a basket and the guy working saw what I was getting and told me he had some Old Weller Antique in the back. I jumped on that as I’d never even seen it before. Most of what I got I don’t see much at home in my liquor stores. 

Here is my score:

OWA: $19.99

Wild Turkey Rare Breed: $27.99

Very Old Barton: $12.99

Old Grand Dad BiB: $19.99

OF BiB: $17.99

If I would have bought any more I’m not sure my wife would let me back in the house when I get home. I wrote down what I need to come back for next time I fly out of Midway. I either never see these at home or they are waaaaay cheaper than what I can get. 

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Contradiction $32

Smooth Ambler Old Scout $21

Old Grand Dad 114 $25

McKenna BiB $28

Sazerac Rye $25

EH Taylor BiB $36

I can’t wait to get home to bust into these new bottles this weekend!

506987C2-AD75-4D08-81C8-A93396173CA1.jpeg

Where the hell is this place? Its worth the drive if WTRB is only $27.99!

GeeTen

Barrell Bourbon #014 - $68.00 OTD!  Me likee.   :ph34r:

Whiskey Lullaby
50 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Where the hell is this place? Its worth the drive if WTRB is only $27.99!

Kenwood Liquors. It’s on Cicero Ave in Chicago. Just north of 294 interchange, and south of Midway Airport. I couldn’t believe they had WTRB for $27.99

Whiskeythink.com
Just now, Whiskey Lullaby said:

Kenwood Liquors. It’s on Cicero Ave in Chicago. Just north of 294 interchange, and south of Midway Airport. I couldn’t believe they had WTRB for $27.99

Thanks. Ive actually been to their location in Homer Glen - big store!. They had an excellent BT SB store pic last year & 4R pic (dont remember the recipe; my buddy bought a bottle & I had several pours). Also the cheapest Ive ever seen OF 1920 - few bucks under $50. I on the other side of chicago, tho, so its a drive.