What Rye Are You Drinking, Winter 2017/2018

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got this baby two days ago, been spending quality time with it ever since.  Willett 4 year small batch cask strength 126 proof.  GOD YES!  

IMG_2366.JPG

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mikeydk said:

Got this baby two days ago, been spending quality time with it ever since.  Willett 4 year small batch cask strength 126 proof.  GOD YES!  

IMG_2366.JPG

Nice pic and bottle! That photo could be an ad just judging by quality. Willett probably wouldn't want JB in the frame though. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Nice pic and bottle! That photo could be an ad just judging by quality. Willett probably wouldn't want JB in the frame though. 

Heh, they probably would not.  :)  On the other hand, it is in front of, so there's that.  I'm having another glass right now, and I'm definitely going to need a couple more of these.  

E2F1BF78-89E1-4BFE-9756-08BD31B47DCF.thumb.jpeg.ccfc49169ddbde76c713d25d9c2716ce.jpeg

The sun is blazing today, so I’m drinking some rye today. Cheers! 

Will.

Edited by Masset1982
  • I like it 2

It’s friday so time for happy hour. Good to have friends 

E95BBBB1-24E3-415D-A44A-333D29D1B8C2.jpeg

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

It’s friday so time for happy hour. Good to have friends 

E95BBBB1-24E3-415D-A44A-333D29D1B8C2.jpeg

Oh that Hirsch!  Memories.  

First pour from this. Pretty much what I expected it to be. Which is a good thing. 

Screenshot_20180708-212609_Photos.jpg

• I like it 2

Winding down the evening with a huge $13 pour of EHT Rye. For me, everything seems to taste fantastic when I'm a restaurant. This is no different. 

20180708_181406.jpg

3 hours ago, beasled said:

First pour from this. Pretty much what I expected it to be. Which is a good thing. 

Screenshot_20180708-212609_Photos.jpg

Found my of first of this one today, and did the only sensible (?) thing I could think of

y4mEFLo8_EEKpXJUg6fxEFzAuM2PaCWpARUrjF-i

It is a great bottle for the money, I will say that the higher age and proof on the 2009 CS is noticeable, obviously as a single barrel and YMMV but I really like both of these quite a bit. I will say that the pick I grabbed is dangerously drinkable. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Found my of first of this one today, and did the only sensible (?) thing I could think of

y4mEFLo8_EEKpXJUg6fxEFzAuM2PaCWpARUrjF-i

It is a great bottle for the money, I will say that the higher age and proof on the 2009 CS is noticeable, obviously as a single barrel and YMMV but I really like both of these quite a bit. I will say that the pick I grabbed is dangerously drinkable. 

Sounds sensible to me.

I found mine to be very drinkable too. Will have to compare with the CS Rye soon enough!

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Lunch with an 18 year old...

Oh.

Hey.

I had dinner with her last week!

;)

IMG_00701.jpg

• I like it 1

On 7/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, Marekv8 said:

Lunch with an 18 year old...

17 hours ago, 0895 said:

Oh.

Hey.

I had dinner with her last week!

;)

27 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Back to this young thang for a late lunch...

Y'all be safe and make sure you drink from a clean glass. Just because she's 18 and full of alcohol doesn't mean you completely throw caution to the wind!

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

Y'all be safe and make sure you drink from a clean glass. Just because she's 18 and full of alcohol doesn't mean you completely throw caution to the wind!

She's a goner, but hopefully there are siblings in the back...

IMG_9991.thumb.JPG.4132c5af132bfc1c433d0cbe0832ef08.JPG

2 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

She's a goner, but hopefully there are siblings in the back...

IMG_9991.thumb.JPG.4132c5af132bfc1c433d0cbe0832ef08.JPG

You live dangerously!

Also, if the bar let's you keep that bottle you can make a great drinking glass, vase, or small pot out of it.

DSP-354 Ritt BIB, always a favorite. It may be a "barely legal" rye, but in the end.....I really don't care! :D:D

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

DSP-354 Ritt BIB, always a favorite. It may be a "barely legal" rye, but in the end.....I really don't care! :D:D

Heehee!  Damn straight!  :D  

Im joining in on the rye action myself with VWFRR.  The glass coating from this whiskey clings like molasses.  Such great baking spices and white pepper pop on the finish.  Great rye.  

4BFAFFF5-16A5-4366-A9B8-B3FEAD5071F9.jpeg

A little sbs with these two. This is also my first run in with baby saz. I really enjoy both of these. If they were the same price I'd call a draw, but the $10 price difference gives the nod to ritt BiB. 

20180719_175452.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

A little sbs with these two. This is also my first run in with baby saz. I really enjoy both of these. If they were the same price I'd call a draw, but the $10 price difference gives the nod to ritt BiB. 

20180719_175452.jpg

I think if the prices were opposite I would still go Ritt. 

• I like it 1

Took a bit of work and some friendly assistance from a New Zealander named Ida-- but I tracked down the Spirit of Mauve. 

IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.4c9ef164a8a6975954f1c2f22dbf95cb.JPG

Took a bit of work and some friendly assistance from a New Zealander named Ida-- but I tracked down the Spirit of Mauve. 

IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.4c9ef164a8a6975954f1c2f22dbf95cb.JPG

How is the new Farmstock release that I see in the background? Is it worth the $99 asking price that I see in my area?

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

How is the new Farmstock release that I see in the background? Is it worth the $99 asking price that I see in my area?

That is interesting, Farmstock 1 was marked up around here but seems to have mostly sat on the shelves, batch 2 was priced at $60-$69 everywhere I have seen it which I assumed was just a matter of stores coming to their senses. I'm not a buyer at even that price. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.