Jump to content
LCWoody

What Rye Are You Drinking, Winter 2017/2018

Recommended Posts

mikeydk

Got this baby two days ago, been spending quality time with it ever since.  Willett 4 year small batch cask strength 126 proof.  GOD YES!  

IMG_2366.JPG

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CUfan99
1 hour ago, mikeydk said:

Got this baby two days ago, been spending quality time with it ever since.  Willett 4 year small batch cask strength 126 proof.  GOD YES!  

IMG_2366.JPG

Nice pic and bottle! That photo could be an ad just judging by quality. Willett probably wouldn't want JB in the frame though. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikeydk
8 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Nice pic and bottle! That photo could be an ad just judging by quality. Willett probably wouldn't want JB in the frame though. 

Heh, they probably would not.  :)  On the other hand, it is in front of, so there's that.  I'm having another glass right now, and I'm definitely going to need a couple more of these.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masset1982
Posted (edited)

E2F1BF78-89E1-4BFE-9756-08BD31B47DCF.thumb.jpeg.ccfc49169ddbde76c713d25d9c2716ce.jpeg

 

The sun is blazing today, so I’m drinking some rye today. Cheers! 

 

Will.

Edited by Masset1982
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BottledInBond

It’s friday so time for happy hour. Good to have friends 

E95BBBB1-24E3-415D-A44A-333D29D1B8C2.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikeydk
19 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

It’s friday so time for happy hour. Good to have friends 

E95BBBB1-24E3-415D-A44A-333D29D1B8C2.jpeg

Oh that Hirsch!  Memories.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beasled

First pour from this. Pretty much what I expected it to be. Which is a good thing. 

 

Screenshot_20180708-212609_Photos.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JCwhammie

Winding down the evening with a huge $13 pour of EHT Rye. For me, everything seems to taste fantastic when I'm a restaurant. This is no different. 

20180708_181406.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
3 hours ago, beasled said:

First pour from this. Pretty much what I expected it to be. Which is a good thing. 

 

Screenshot_20180708-212609_Photos.jpg

Found my of first of this one today, and did the only sensible (?) thing I could think of

y4mEFLo8_EEKpXJUg6fxEFzAuM2PaCWpARUrjF-i

It is a great bottle for the money, I will say that the higher age and proof on the 2009 CS is noticeable, obviously as a single barrel and YMMV but I really like both of these quite a bit. I will say that the pick I grabbed is dangerously drinkable. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beasled
8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Found my of first of this one today, and did the only sensible (?) thing I could think of

y4mEFLo8_EEKpXJUg6fxEFzAuM2PaCWpARUrjF-i

It is a great bottle for the money, I will say that the higher age and proof on the 2009 CS is noticeable, obviously as a single barrel and YMMV but I really like both of these quite a bit. I will say that the pick I grabbed is dangerously drinkable. 

 

Sounds sensible to me.

 

I found mine to be very drinkable too. Will have to compare with the CS Rye soon enough!

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink

y4mH9176QAbiHG3c6hyr1ac3cSlizLrsZKPywiGu

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane

Love hate relationship with this. Thankfully today's love is strong.

 

 

IMG_20180715_231358.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Lunch with an 18 year old...

 

IMG_9979.thumb.JPG.90e79813a4a4246276e464c585c368eb.JPG

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
9 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Lunch with an 18 year old...

 

 

Oh.

Hey.

I had dinner with her last week!

;)

 

IMG_00701.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Back to this young thang for a late lunch...

 

IMG_9989.thumb.JPG.c3c0897566ed1f22a66f30abb5a1684e.JPG

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz

 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, Marekv8 said:

Lunch with an 18 year old...

 

17 hours ago, 0895 said:

Oh.

Hey.

I had dinner with her last week!

;)

 

27 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Back to this young thang for a late lunch...

 

Y'all be safe and make sure you drink from a clean glass. Just because she's 18 and full of alcohol doesn't mean you completely throw caution to the wind!

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
17 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

 

 

 

 

Y'all be safe and make sure you drink from a clean glass. Just because she's 18 and full of alcohol doesn't mean you completely throw caution to the wind!

She's a goner, but hopefully there are siblings in the back...

 

IMG_9991.thumb.JPG.4132c5af132bfc1c433d0cbe0832ef08.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kpiz
2 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

She's a goner, but hopefully there are siblings in the back...

 

IMG_9991.thumb.JPG.4132c5af132bfc1c433d0cbe0832ef08.JPG

 

You live dangerously!

 

Also, if the bar let's you keep that bottle you can make a great drinking glass, vase, or small pot out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar

DSP-354 Ritt BIB, always a favorite. It may be a "barely legal" rye, but in the end.....I really don't care! :D:D

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
17 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

DSP-354 Ritt BIB, always a favorite. It may be a "barely legal" rye, but in the end.....I really don't care! :D:D

Heehee!  Damn straight!  :D  

Im joining in on the rye action myself with VWFRR.  The glass coating from this whiskey clings like molasses.  Such great baking spices and white pepper pop on the finish.  Great rye.  

4BFAFFF5-16A5-4366-A9B8-B3FEAD5071F9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JCwhammie

A little sbs with these two. This is also my first run in with baby saz. I really enjoy both of these. If they were the same price I'd call a draw, but the $10 price difference gives the nod to ritt BiB. 

20180719_175452.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

A little sbs with these two. This is also my first run in with baby saz. I really enjoy both of these. If they were the same price I'd call a draw, but the $10 price difference gives the nod to ritt BiB. 

20180719_175452.jpg

I think if the prices were opposite I would still go Ritt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×