Has anyone ever used a ceramic flask?

olopez805
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not sure what what recommendation could be made for a ceramic flask... especially one that doesn't have a screw-tight-topper. 

I would imagine any of the options (if options exist?) would be considerably heavier in the pocket or purse than the usual stainless options; and waaaay heavier than any of the plastic ones being sold.

Just my initial take on this; but, I'm open to explanations that might allow broadening of my thinking.

17 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Not sure what what recommendation could be made for a ceramic flask... especially one that doesn't have a screw-tight-topper. 

I would imagine any of the options (if options exist?) would be considerably heavier in the pocket or purse than the usual stainless options; and waaaay heavier than any of the plastic ones being sold.

Just my initial take on this; but, I'm open to explanations that might allow broadening of my thinking.

Im thinking the ceramic flask will keep the liquid at a better temperature and also avoid the metal tingy taste some cheap flask have. 

18 minutes ago, olopez805 said:

Im thinking the ceramic flask will keep the liquid at a better temperature and also avoid the metal tingy taste some cheap flask have. 

Buy a new stainless steel flask, and remember to empty and wash it after each use. This should solve your taste issues. Be especially careful with cask strength whiskies.

I can't really imagine a scenario where temperature would be a problem, unless you plan a trip to the arctics or the Sahara desert - in which case I'd recommend a thermos flask. Or water.

Edited by Jace
misspelling

It looks like the producers of that flask were looking to create one that basically ignored every advancement in materials and design of the last century+, while including the rate of inflation for that time while pricing it!    :lol:

It looks like the producers of that flask were looking to create one that basically ignored every advancement in materials and design of the last century+, while including the rate of inflation for that time while pricing it!    :lol:

But isn't charging ridiculous prices for old crap reinvented as shiny new what's hip now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BigRich said:

But isn't charging ridiculous prices for old crap reinvented as shiny new what's hip now?

I do believe Rich is correct.    Hip, and especially currently trendy, are waaaaay more important than functional, or good value.

Related, I use a Woodfords Reserve 200 ml for a flask.  Fits in a lot of places since its flat and flask shaped, has a screw top and its clear so you can show off color and hue.  It sets a good expectation, that gets exceeded when you clarify the contents are actually Bookers or better.

Related, I use a Woodfords Reserve 200 ml for a flask.  Fits in a lot of places since its flat and flask shaped, has a screw top and its clear so you can show off color and hue.  It sets a good expectation, that gets exceeded when you clarify the contents are actually Bookers or better.

Yep. The screw top glass "pint" bottle work great! And they pass right through meta detectors....just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.