Barrels standing on end in "rickhouse"?????

kemosabe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

For Abe Bowman you pretty much have to go on the release date.  Having zero inside information I would expect another release relatively soon as they haven't released an AB since Memorial Day when they did 16.1 and 16.2 as the Sequential Series.

Agreed.  I misspoke re: tasting it after a tour.  Years ago, the LEs did not disappear quite as quickly so I could buy one and then taste.  FWIW, "somebody" told me they announce the releases on their Twitter or Facebook page just prior to the release.  Since I do no Twitting and Face only four or so times a year, I cannot say whether that's true.  I do know that you have to be there pretty much on the day of release to get "one" at the distillery.  Monday after a Saturday release is usually too late.  YMMV, but I don't think so.  If anybody DOES know how to get on the release announcement list, some of us would really like to know the secret.

12 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Agreed.  I misspoke re: tasting it after a tour.  Years ago, the LEs did not disappear quite as quickly so I could buy one and then taste.  FWIW, "somebody" told me they announce the releases on their Twitter or Facebook page just prior to the release.  Since I do no Twitting and Face only four or so times a year, I cannot say whether that's true.  I do know that you have to be there pretty much on the day of release to get "one" at the distillery.  Monday after a Saturday release is usually too late.  YMMV, but I don't think so.  If anybody DOES know how to get on the release announcement list, some of us would really like to know the secret.

Yes they now announce several days in advance via facebook, twitter and instagram.  The past several have sold out day of at the distillery.  They used to make it to ABC stores and stay around for awhiile, now they go lottery at the ABC in Virginia

• I like it 1

On 1/17/2018 at 11:16 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

I believe that they posted the info for the last two releases on the Thursday morning before a Saturday morning release.  I usually check every week, and I would definitely post something on the premium bourbon thread if I saw any info.

• I like it 1

The gift shop/tour guide lady today said April would be a guess.  Take that with a big grain of salt.

I really liked the port finished Isaac Bowman, picked up a bottle of that and one of the John J Bowman as well.  And a just emptied barrel, fill date 4/2013.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, marshbound said:

The gift shop/tour guide lady today said April would be a guess.  Take that with a big grain of salt.

I really liked the port finished Isaac Bowman, picked up a bottle of that and one of the John J Bowman as well.  And a just emptied barrel, fill date 4/2013.

Thanks for the info.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.