What bottle did you open today? Winter 2017/2018

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened a Maker’s 46 and did a SBS with WSR. The 46 won. Much richer flavors than the WSR. Both are good medicine though :D

6E80556D-1708-4F35-AD94-A3BF76B9138C.jpeg

Edited by CUfan99
  • I like it 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, Theiano said:

Thanks for the link, that's very interesting. I wonder where all the rest of their wheated bourbon is going to, the oldest stuff must be coming on 5 years now..... I suppose there's probably a load of other craft whiskey operations out there taking it that I'm not aware of.

Some of those other mashbills, with the high barley content in particular are pretty out there, wonder where the market is for them. Pretty innovative from MGP in fairness.

A good chunk of the MGP Wheated went to Redemption for the Redemption wheated, there was also that Spirit of America Bourbon that Big Red Liquors tried to sell as the nectar of the gods after they bought all the bottles no one wanted.

Opened a recently purchased EC grenade... not impressed. LOTS of peanuts up front, then an odd finish I can't really describe. Just didn't enjoy it... Disappointed, ECBP is one of my favorites, hoped for something at least in the same ballpark, but this was just odd. I'll revisit it in a couple days.

4FAAA541-74B3-4E28-B858-917B9E6D6AA5.thumb.jpeg.1c0e2e14d8c701aa8842658f10419762.jpeg

Had to make a sample for a good friend so why enjoying it in the same time. Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 5

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

SBSBS

image.jpg

Mmmm! Standing by for tasting notes....

• I like it 1

‘17 GTS.  

I’d had a few pours, but not yet from this bottle.  Absolutely outstanding, and perfectly in balanced drinking.  

This bottle confirms my previous experiences, in that this vintage requires nothing but the glass you need to drink it from.

• I like it 1

CEHT SmB 'cause my animal friends in Texas drank almost all of the bottle that I brought with me.  "Hey, this whiskey is GOOOD!  And free, too."   :(

Tasting particularly good right now before a nap and night of ballroom dancing w/SWMBO (her idea, not mine!)  :ph34r:

Edited by GeeTen

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

CEHT SmB 'cause my animal friends in Texas drank almost all of the bottle that I brought with me.  "Hey, this whiskey is GOOOD!  And free, too."   :(

Tasting particularly good right now before a nap and night of ballroom dancing w/SWMBO (her idea, not mine!)  :ph34r:

It's a charmed life!

Opened a bottle of 10 y.o. OKI I recently acquired.

• I like it 1

This bottle absolutely delivered. If regular Blantons is color TV, then gold is HD. Hope master of malt can get that shipping issue cleared up. I need more of this. 

17A91802-909C-459E-B5D6-956A6C652D8E.jpeg

• I like it 6

I kinda stumbled upon a bottle of Blanton's I'd shuffled to a back part of the shelf and forgotten for about a year.     This is the penalty I pay for having too high a shelf for my abbreviated stature to fully apprehend.   -_-

Anyway, I found it while dusting and re-arranging the shelf, and cracked it open this afternoon.      I was unsurprised to find it a very nice pour. 

I think it was Smokinjoe who once appraised Blanton's as an "elegant pour"; and, this bottle once again, confirms that analysis.    I enjoyed it so much I poured a second dram, and enjoyed that even more!     :P

Opened a ECBP A119 last night.  Forgot how good it is.  Great mouthfeel.

Tonight, opened a SAOS SiB 11 yr I bought last fall.  Very nice pour.  Got another in the cabinet.  Gave the 10 yr bottles I got at the same time as Xmas gifts.  Wife's boss and my Pappy/BTAC supplier.

• I like it 1

CEHT SmB. New bottle for me. 

I have had the BP, and I loved it. 

I am really looking forward to this bottle. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm back :)

WIN_20180315_233443.JPG

Very nice, cheers! glad you're back. 

Will. 

• I like it 1

Opened two (2) bottles of my latest Texas haul last night at Pappy's Den w/SWMBO in attendance (of course, she had a nice pour of The Macallan Rare Cask).  The Spec's MM PS and the 10yr Belle Meade SiB CS were particularly spectacular!  Great bourbon is meant to be shared with even better friends, no?   :D

• I like it 2

Finally opened an Eagle Rare store pick (Smoke Rise bottle shop) I picked up a couple of months ago. Drinks a little hotter than expected for a 90 proofer, but I like it. Nice creamy texture and very long finish. Always enjoy ER store picks.

The Grand Opening this weekend was a store pick KCSiB. I found it at the reasonable price of $36+tx. It's dark in color, looking like molasses, and deserves a lot of respect, the kind that leads one to hanging up the car keys for the rest of the evening.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.