BOTM 1/18: Old Forester BIB/100 proof/Signature

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Thanks, you all.  Instead of trying a third Sig, I'll put the money toward an 1897.  For one thing, that'll leave a bottle for you all who like it

That second from left bottle IS the version I bought two years ago.  I shall avoid a repeat.  THX.

Not often we disagree on a bottle. 

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Not often we disagree on a bottle. 

Nope.  And I m surprised at my reaction to Sig as I loved the Birthdays over the years and really like the recent pre-Prohibition series.

50 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Nope.  And I m surprised at my reaction to Sig as I loved the Birthdays over the years and really like the recent pre-Prohibition series.

Struck out on birthday bourbon the last couple of years. 

I know other folks have said they get bananas with OF. I don’t always want it but it delivers when I do. 

Great pick to open 2018. I often pick up another handle passing through AL. I didn't drink this 5yrs ago like some have posted. I have been enjoying it over the past 3, and have several pours each month. It's musty and leathery with fruit, and has a smooth dry finish with an easy Rye bite. I prefer to either start or finish the night with OF Sig. A better bottom shelf IMHO. I'm using it as a starter tonight.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

OFBIB is simply one of the great pours.   I've enjoyed it for many a moon,  and still have bunkered a couple of the "dimple" bottles which at this point will be reserved for some now-unknown auspicious occasion.   But the current BIB remains a classic with a recognizable taste and nose that, at least to me, has been mostly consistent through the years.   Cherry and leather, I'd describe it.   Together with WT101,  OFBIB defines what "bourbon" is to me.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.