Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/29/2018 at 8:53 AM, JCwhammie said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that waits until I have a trash bag full of bottles before putting them in the recycle bin then quietly lowers them into the bin so the neighbors don't hear the clinking of a boat load of booze bottles. 

20180729_103449.jpg

I used to do that also, but it gave my wife more ammo against me about how much I drink, buy, hoard, etc. when she can look through a whole bag of empties. plus these days I really need to make some space

8B71BCC3-54F1-4A24-87A6-010632058F79.thumb.jpeg.a1c7db8cbf63feb92765f2ffb2c49c61.jpeg

I've got a bottle of batch #011 that's almost gone too. It's good stuff, and the Dickel provenance has become more recognizable as the bottle gets closer to empty.

This proud Turkey let loose with gobs of butterscotch and sweet oak with his last pour.  He certainly did not go gently into this good night.  He was great from first pour to last.  Tribute is Wild Turkey in it’s finest form.  

8EAB9561-EBA7-4F19-BF28-AEDB20075E15.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

This proud Turkey let loose with gobs of butterscotch and sweet oak with his last pour.  He certainly did not go gently into this good night.  He was great from first pour to last.  Tribute is Wild Turkey in it’s finest form.  

8EAB9561-EBA7-4F19-BF28-AEDB20075E15.jpeg

Gobs of Tribute Turkey.

Man I am jealous. ?

You know, this "Gobs" thing might catch on. We might even see it used in a Bourbon Magazine. LOL

Cheers 

Finished off the last pour out of each of these this evening.  The ECBP was release #11 (5/16), 139.4 proof.  A wonderful brown sugar bomb!  I love this stuff.  Fortunately, I have three more releases (A117, B517, and B518) in the cabinet.  The bottle of Clyde May's 110 proof whiskey is a first-time experience with this one for me.  My wife and I tasted the Clyde May's line at a whiskey festival back in March, and we both found the 110 proof ("Special Reserve") to be the only one of the four that we really liked.  This is the last of the bottle we bought that night.  I like the combination of hints of apples along with a nutty background taste.  It's a tad overpriced at $60, but I think I'll still pick up a replacement due to the unique flavor profile.

Elijah Craig & Clyde May's.jpg

It's been a bit of a slow summer, but................... :mellow: 

I haven't had as much help as in past summers, but I've still managed to finish off a few bottles over the last couple of weeks or so. FWIW, only one empty is going to the recycle bin. I can hardly bear the thought of disposing of a WLW, so my empty 08 will be put alongside an empty 07 on my shelf. ^_^ An ER is the only empty destined for the big blue bin. The empty Weller 12 handle I used for my (batch #3) 2018 Weller Blend will be kept for  future Weller Blends. (If I can find any more Weller Antique. <_<) The MM 375 empty will be kept for experiments, vattings, samples, etc....  

FWIW, like Vosgar stated in another thread, the 08 WLW was a mighty fine pour. I'm hoping that the 2017 I have on deck is it's equal, if not it's better. Hey, it's a Weller. I know I won't be disappointed. :D

Biba! Joe

mt8.jpeg

mtwlw.jpeg

• I like it 1

Cracked this July 2.  Took it to supper club and send a sample out. Other than that, this one was quick. More fruity notes toward the end. Reminded me of OF bananas. 

1C9FE557-8777-4F2B-874E-1DB063327C14.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 8/13/2018 at 6:18 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm hoping that the 2017 I have on deck is it's equal, if not it's better. Hey, it's a Weller. I know I won't be disappointed. :D

Although I'm not the Weller connoisseur that you are, I doubt you'll be disappointed in the 2017.

:)

15 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Finally polished this off last night. It may be sacrilege, but I'm not sad to see this one go. Just not my cup of tea, so to speak. Sorry, @fishnbowljoe

:mellow:

20180813_205935.jpg

Ive come full circle on the owa. Wasn’t impressed at first, so I get what youre sayin...maybe i had set my expectations too high. But now its in my HOF. 

This stuff flew under the radar here for several years. 

6 year AS MGP @ 92 proof. 

I found it quite enjoyable and somewhat different from other MGP offerings of similar credentials (SAOS 7 yr. , Hirsch, etc. )

7543A82E-DD5C-4D95-9212-0F8BF88A8E3E.jpeg

• I like it 1

Emptied these two tonight. Actually decanted them to make some room. Wasn't much left of either one. The OB is only for mixing.

20180818_193358-784x1613.jpg

This was just so good. I am glad to have another of the same barrel in the bunker. Will be saving that one for a special occasion. Maybe college football opening day? Lol

20180818_212015.jpg

This one got better as it went along. I must say of the Russsells I’ve had this year, this one was solid but didn’t finish in the money.  It was a great second or third pour. 

86194EA8-4AD9-40BB-9DA4-5D0A4E59DD94.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.