Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, BMartin42 said:

I know this is getting a lot of love but I personally won’t really miss it. Just never wrapped my taste buds around it. Loads better than the “Repeal” bottle in the background though. Just not much of a Beam fan I guess. IMG_9882.jpg

Agree.  Bought a bottle on sale, had one pour, and gave it away.  Not in my wheelhouse...  For Beam products, I've only enjoyed 12+ yr KC Picks, Bakers when it's the best at the bar, and Bookers on the rare occasion when a younger change-of-pace drink hits the spot.  BH has its place when an 80 proofed is needed...

Sorry if my tastes dont match others, but I lean more toward BT products, HH, and 4R stuff.  Beam, Makers, and younger WT dont do it for me.  RR10 and WTKS work, but not the rest.

Polished off a bottle of Stagg Jr. this evening. I really enjoyed this batch and can't remember/keep up with which batch this one was. Either way, I am happy I have extras downstairs.

• I like it 1

WT Decades hits the trash bin.  This was my second Decades to kill and it's a good feeling when you have enough of one of your favorites that you don't even have to worry about running out.

• I like it 1

Finished this one off last night.  I like it.  The standard Bulleit bourbon, I find rather meh.  And, I don't really care much for the standard Bulleit rye, either.  But, I got a taste of the Bulleit Barrel Strength at a whiskey festival a few months ago and liked it enough to buy a bottle.  It has grown on me as the bottle level has gone down.  I've already picked up a replacement bottle.  Solid, classic bourbon flavors and enjoyable to drink over a big rock.

Bulleit BS.jpg

• I like it 1

Finished the last pour of some Four Roses Smble from 2017 watching the Colts squeeze one out this evening. I have been working on this bottle each Sunday during the current winning streak. I fear what will happen next week now that I am out.

18 hours ago, elmossle said:

Finished the last pour of some Four Roses Smble from 2017 watching the Colts squeeze one out this evening. I have been working on this bottle each Sunday during the current winning streak. I fear what will happen next week now that I am out.

As a diehard Titans fan. I know what I hope will happen.

My last bottle of batch 8. I now wish I had at least one more in the stash, but alas it is not so. 

B5462E52-155A-4544-977B-FD6E15515DD6.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

As a diehard Titans fan. I know what I hope will happen.

This Russell’s from B hit the trash Saturday night. The the Jags season officially went down the can Sunday afternoon. 

BE194498-693C-485F-88D7-D7A36388F44B.jpeg

• I like it 3

16 hours ago, Radioyada said:

My last bottle of batch 8. I now wish I had at least one more in the stash, but alas it is not so. 

The batch 9 seems to get all the love but I thought batch 8 was great.  Amazing nose...

• I like it 1

IMG_5749.JPG

Not sad to see this one go. I’m a Beam guy and a KC SB guy but this was probably my least favorite barrel of KC ever. At only 10 years, this had more wood than much older bottles I’ve had and I didn’t care for it. Also had some of that peanut flavor people complain about with Beam which I normally don’t pick up on. It was still drinkable and not bad bourbon but I’d rather take my chances with random barrels than another pick from them.

I’ve had a few other barrel picks from the same group in Houston and they’ve all been disappointing. Hate to say it but I think I’m going to avoid any of there picks going forward, just not to my liking.

If anyone on here is part of this group please PM me.

Empty but.... In order to save some space, I added a 750 of EW BIB to a handle I already had open. The Weller SR on the other hand, I finished off tonight. Not to worry though, as I have more  in the bunker. ;)

Biba! Joe

wsr.jpeg

well.jpeg

• I like it 2

I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace Single Barrel heading to the big green bin in the morning. Great news is I now have space to open a new bottle of something from the bunker!

IMG_2746.jpg
This was good. Not fantastic. I’ll enjoy the one I have in the bunker still but may not seek out more.

• I like it 1

Lost quite a few over the past week, with the WRMC BF going dry in my own personal repeal day celebration today. 

The WFE 6y (mgp) rye was fine, but oddly I’ll miss the Brandy Woodford the most.   I’ve really grown to enjoy this one over the last year.  It’s a great winter pour. 

I only bought it because it was cheap ($65), and I had heard good things.

06505920-54C7-4BC8-A923-EA5D76C97D09.jpeg

17178.jpeg

Emptied yesterday to celebrate Repeal Day - the only TRUE drinking holiday IMHO!  ☺️

Hope I find another some day.  Until then, this will be my 2018 Joe's Weller Blend decanter - fitting, no?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

On 11/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, Swamp55 said:

Finished this one off last night.  I like it.  The standard Bulleit bourbon, I find rather meh.  And, I don't really care much for the standard Bulleit rye, either.  But, I got a taste of the Bulleit Barrel Strength at a whiskey festival a few months ago and liked it enough to buy a bottle.  It has grown on me as the bottle level has gone down.  I've already picked up a replacement bottle.  Solid, classic bourbon flavors and enjoyable to drink over a big rock.

Bulleit BS.jpg

This has Four Roses DNA all over it. When I first opened it I thought it tasted like an average FRSB store pick, which is fairly high praise since I love Four Roses. Now that it's been open for a while I think it's on par with a good FRSB pick. Pretty nice for $50 and available at most stores.

Edited by EarthQuake

1 hour ago, EarthQuake said:

This has Four Roses DNA all over it. When I first opened it I thought it tasted like an average FRSB store pick, which is fairly high praise since I love Four Roses. Now that it's been open for a while I think it's on par with a good FRSB pick. Pretty nice for $50 and available at most stores.

This guy gets it.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

C42BC0F8-8072-49C4-80D7-A9EBCF4563C3.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.