Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first Barrell product. I enjoyed it but thought it was overpriced. 

20180707_224904-1612x1209.jpg

WTRB-03. 

This was a good one. It had gobs of delicious aged Turkey. 

IMG_2650.PNG

7 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WTRB-03. 

IMG_2650.PNG

One simple word.  “Gobs”.  Everybody who reads this knows exactly what you mean.  Minnick would have taken half a page and sent everybody on a journey through Roget’s and the pantry and at the end of the day we’d still be asking is that a bourbon he’s talking about????  :D

Gobs O’ Turkey.  Love it!

57 minutes ago, beasled said:

Sad to see this go but there's plenty to replace it..

As always, Sarah? ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As always, Sarah? ;)

Biba! Joe

Just stop.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Just stop.

Agreed. Not going to dignify that with an answer...

Edited by beasled

An ECBP and Redemption BP rye, tossed away and forgotten. Well the ECBP is not visible but I'm not digging into trash just for a better artistic arrangement.

IMG_20180714_210502.jpg

9YO ETL barreled in 2011 from the 6th floor of warehouse Q.  Probably the best ETL I have had the pleasure to consume.  The words that come to mind are balance and purity of flavors.  Shared some with Pat and his teammates at Bayway.  Saved some to share with my son last weekend.  Last pour watching the bats hunt fireflies.

0DE481C7-8B15-4116-9C1B-4EA1558C9B69.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, El Vino said:

9YO ETL barreled in 2011 from the 6th floor of warehouse Q.  Probably the best ETL I have had the pleasure to consume.  The words that come to mind are balance and purity of flavors.  Shared some with Pat and his teammates at Bayway.  Saved some to share with my son last weekend.  Last pour watching the bats hunt fireflies.

0DE481C7-8B15-4116-9C1B-4EA1558C9B69.jpeg

My bad, bottled in 2011.

Damage from a weekend camping trip with some buddies.

Brought the last pour of the larceny home, because I "forgot" what it tasted like Friday night.

It's still just alright to me.

I'll stick to my 4 roses.

IMAG3492.jpg

Edited by 0895

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Damage from a weekend camping trip with some buddies.

Brought the last pour of the larceny home, because I "forgot" what it tasted like Friday night.

It's still just alright to me.

I'll stick to my 4 roses.

IMAG3492.jpg

You picked a nice, cool, dry weekend to go camping. #sarcasm ????

9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

You picked a nice, cool, dry weekend to go camping. #sarcasm ????

Yeah, well, my buddies aren't man enough to do a float trip in October.

Currently sipping on the final pour of a Stagg Jr. Batch 3. This is when BT really figured it out; This batch is outstanding. Hoping I have more of these stashed away. Going to have to do some digging.

• I like it 3

On 7/8/2018 at 2:05 AM, Wedelstaedt said:

WTRB-03. 

IMG_2650.PNG

As much as I like WTRB the newest version could use more 8 and 12 year old juice.  And come as NCF. That’d really kick it up. 

These two bit the dust tonight. The wife finished off the C101 in a C101:SJR blend. I'm keeping the bottle because I can only get a replacement in a plastic bottle now.

20180716_214144-784x1613.jpg

20180716_213719-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

I can’t load anymore photos but I have been thinning the open heard lately. 

KCSB

EWSB ‘08

EC12 (my last) 

have all gone to the recycle bin. 

Working on drinking down my non WT and 4R bottles to make room for more Lawrenceburg juice. 

I've also been in bottle clearing mode ahead of our move. The more I finish, the fewer I have to move. Virgin, Witherspoon store pick, RR10, MM, Bulleit 10, EWSiB, and ER10 have all hit the bin in the past few weeks..

• I like it 2

Just finished off another Belle Meade 10 yr.  Delicious!  I hope that the replacement bottle is just as enjoyable.

Empty Bottle:  Barrel# 2332, Filled on 10-23-06 , 101.1 proof.

Replacement: Barrel# 3170, Filled on 10-2-06, 108.5 proof.

Belle_Meade.jpg

11 hours ago, dcbt said:

I've also been in bottle clearing mode ahead of our move. The more I finish, the fewer I have to move. Virgin, Witherspoon store pick, RR10, MM, Bulleit 10, EWSiB, and ER10 have all hit the bin in the past few weeks..

Been there and done that. Hopefully you are not moving too far away and do a better job of keeping the collection in one place than I did. Still haven't found where certain items are located and we moved last October!

Weller whore that I am............:mellow: 

I've had a number of Weller's open lately, so I've been sipping & blending, adding something else, then sipping & blending some more. I bade farewell to a couple of private selection Weller's and a couple of bottles that held the leftovers from my most recent Weller Blend. I'm sad they're gone, but thankfully, I gots more. :P

FWIW, I didn't finish these all by myself. I had a little help from Vosgar and our Wednesday nite bourbon and cigar group. ^_^

Biba! Joe

wmt.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Weller whore that I am............:mellow: 

I've had a number of Weller's open lately, so I've been sipping & blending, adding something else, then sipping & blending some more. I bade farewell to a couple of private selection Weller's and a couple of bottles that held the leftovers from my most recent Weller Blend. I'm sad they're gone, but thankfully, I gots more. :P

FWIW, I didn't finish these all by myself. I had a little help from Vosgar and our Wednesday nite bourbon and cigar group. ^_^

Biba! Joe

I've never found a store pick of WSR.  Is it actually a single barrel?

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I've never found a store pick of WSR.  Is it actually a single barrel?

Yes it is. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.