Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, HoustonNit said:

Ha ok, yeah I’ve seen those. It was my backup if I didn’t get lucky and score a few LEs.

Late to the party here but in my humble opinion Decades is no backup and is up there with many autumn LE's.  It's the real deal and is bunker-worthy.  In fact I have already stocked up ;-)

Catching up on SB.  Recently I've sent to the bin EC Small Batch, FC103 6 year, and Woodford 1L used mostly for mixing.

Packing up to head home from Texas A&M after a great SEC Swimming Championships and thought I'd clean up the hotel room:

TAMU Dead Soldiers.jpg

My animal friends love free bourbon . . . . . .  :blink:

But the ECBP C917 is safely packed in a Wineskin and tucked into my checked luggage for the trip back to MetroWest Boston.  YEA!   :ph34r:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

Started removing the label before remembering to snap a picture. I’ve had several different KC store picks. This one was below average. Looking forward to opening another. 

784C215B-D2FE-4A88-AFD8-C90D1C26A5CA.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

Moving in a couple weeks so I’m on a bottle killing mission of ones that have been hanging around for a while. Both excellent and sad to see them go, but luckily I’ve secured a backup of each.

50736A4D-DAB8-4351-99E1-95BC5FB22E1E.jpeg

Just finished off the last of this one.  As usual, great stuff.  Fortunately, there are a couple of backups in the cabinet!

CEHT SmB.jpg

Finished off a PHC Wheat. Kept going back and forth on whether I liked it. Glad I got to try it, but I don’t need another. 

It was a REALLY rough day today. Feel like I could empty another one of these. This PS bottle grew on me. It still tastes NOTHING like ER but it's still a nice bottle. Had a velvety texture. I miss that rich, earthy taste of ER, though. This was more of a fresh, bright taste.

20180228_204930-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 2

On 2/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, Radioyada said:

Looks like the run of these empties continues 

20096344-4946-4589-AC52-69EA3BF582E8.jpeg

Finished our the last two (2) drams of CEHTSmB last night at the swimming officials' "debriefing" session last night with my friends - felt guilty sloshingi her down all by myself all alone in my room .  They really, really liked this one and, of course, the fact that it was free didn't hurt.  But contributions of The Balvenie 12 Doublewood and The Macallan 15 Fine Oak (for a change up) were also greatly appreciated.  Good whisk(e)y, good friends, good swim meet make the trip worthwhile.   HMcKBiB 10yr and the VOB BiB (no "6") are soon to follow tonite, methinks.  ;)

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

This was a great bottle. Off the shelf too, not a store pick. One healthy pour and the last swish went into the infinity bottle. 

A012B418-5352-40C2-BF02-2EC017706FEA.jpeg

• I like it 1

These guys went down this past week. Definitely enjoyed the RHF more than the ER

20180307_182434.jpg

2 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

These guys went down this past week. Definitely enjoyed the RHF more than the ER

20180307_182434.jpg

Usually people only turn the bottle upside down, you went one step further and turned your table upside down. I like your enthusiasm. 

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, Fishin49er said:

Usually people only turn the bottle upside down, you went one step further and turned your table upside down. I like your enthusiasm. 

Thanks! Made a mess of the ceiling, though. 

:D:D:D

2 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Thanks! Made a mess of the ceiling, though. 

:D:D:D

“Atta boy Luther!” :lol:

Biba!  Joe

• I like it 1

Took down the BOTM, JB Distiller's Cut.  A nice PVR pour. 

Thanks for bringing this bottling to my attention, SB! 

Glad I've got a few more tucked away in the bunker. 

Got one of the JB DC, BIB, and Rye all lined up for a SBSBSBS on a rainy day. 

I think these will be good summer-weather pours. 

Still working on consolidating and drinking down open bottles, and have been organizing the bunker to put some of the known-stinkers toward the front of the queue.  Bottles bought in haste, before I had done my research on the current bourbon market situation.  "Backbone?  Ugh, WTF was I thinking!?" 

Next bottle on the chopping block is the tails of a handle of ECNAS that was decanted into a couple of other bottles to drown out some dreck whasky. 

Despite the snow here in New England this week; it sure does feel like Spring must be right around the corner.  Cheers! 

I'm doing some " almost" spring cleaning today. ^_^

Biba! Joe

mt.jpeg

After doing a little consolidating, and making another batch of my Weller Blend, a few more are headed to the big blue bin. :)

Biba! Joe

mt2.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.