Binny’s BT store picks

hugh jass
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Binny’s mentioned they had new BT, ER, Blanton’s, and Weller store picks coming through. Anyone know when these hit or have advice on finding out? I struck out when I last asked in store. Nice worker, just didn’t know. Their last WSR store pick I had was one of the better bourbons I’ve tasted. Thanks. 

Their website allows you to select the option to sort by "handpicked casks"

And you can print a list of them

It's a large unorganized list but at least there is one

Don't see any of those BT brands on there yet, for things like Weller who knows if it makes the list or shelves before it is gone

3 hours ago, cpfoutz said:

Anything limited won't hit the website.  BT store pick will probably make it, but the rest, no.  

Agreed. I wouldn't count on the website as I've never seen their Weller or Russells Reserve picks make it and most recently the store had several different Four Roses picks, but none on the website. I'll keep a lookout for an ER pick though - wouldn't mind that.

Yeah certainly don’t expect they’ll make it to the website. Was hoping someone might have intel. They did their private selection tasting in October. Wish they’d give some guidance. Seems like anything good just gets thrown out on the floor randomly with a standard “limit 1 per customer” sign or stuck on their locked “rare spirit” room. Guess I’ll resort to stopping in most Saturdays I can manage it and hope to get lucky. 

5 minutes ago, hugh jass said:

Yeah certainly don’t expect they’ll make it to the website. Was hoping someone might have intel. They did their private selection tasting in October. Wish they’d give some guidance. Seems like anything good just gets thrown out on the floor randomly with a standard “limit 1 per customer” sign or stuck on their locked “rare spirit” room. Guess I’ll resort to stopping in most Saturdays I can manage it and hope to get lucky. 

It's funny here we are in the days of lotteries and raffles and rewards clubs and for my money throwing bottles on the floor is still my preference for a store to deal with whatever they get. 

None of the allocated stuff or sought after store picks will ever make the website.  Binny's website is notoriously slow on updating with new inventory, if ever.  Also, don't expect the rare stuff to be distributed to all the stores.  They have been expanding at a pretty fast rate the past few years which means there's not enough allocated or barrel picked products to go around.  Their lack of transparency regarding inventory and where it's located is one thing I hate about their company. 

20 hours ago, cpfoutz said:

Honestly, I think you missed the weller and BT already.  Never seen a Blanton's store pick at Binnys.  

I have a binnys blantons from last year, it was a limit 1 per customer

I went into a binnys today, they had a BT store pick "small batch" 1.75 for $45, and regular BT for same price, going back tomorrow when they are 15% off

1515804814748712472294.jpg

Correct

I had that issue w the blantons

But the BT store pick had no such limitations (no 1 per customer sign) so hoping it qualifies

Will buy either way probably 

47 minutes ago, Dabbings said:

I went into a binnys today, they had a BT store pick "small batch" 1.75 for $45, and regular BT for same price, going back tomorrow when they are 15% off

Cool thanks for the info. City or suburban store?

2 hours ago, Dabbings said:

Read the fine print on that coupon, allocated items are not included and I've been told all store picks are considered allocated.  Sorry, I learned that the hard way.  But give it a shot, Binny's is notoriously inconsistent from store to store on how policy is enforced.  

Store pick BT sticks around for a long time (months...I got my bottle of this batch in November)...it's probably not considered allocated.  

9 hours ago, cpfoutz said:

Store pick BT sticks around for a long time (months...I got my bottle of this batch in November)...it's probably not considered allocated.  

I think these may have been two different shipments.  The couple I picked up in Nov were incredible - brown sugar, caramel bombs.  By the time I realized how awesome they were, they were gone. 

I stopped in last week and picked up another bottle and did a side by side with the small pour I had left of the originals.  I didn't care for the new batch - I got a lot of wet grass and heavy acetone on the back end.  Really disappointed - if it was anything like the Nov batch, I was going to back up the truck and pick up a case or two.

10 hours ago, cpfoutz said:

The last Binny's BT store pick was a  "small batch" pick not a "single barrel."  I picked up a bottle and while it was good, was not anything noticeably better than regular BT.  One of my friends who drinks BT as his daily pour also grabbed a store pick small batch and was part way through the bottle before noticing it was a store pick.  Needless to say he also could not tell a difference.   I would go out of my way to pick up a single barrel select, but not bother with a small batch select.  

More to your point, that is probably why bottles were around for awhile as Binny's purchased an entire batch of BT.

Stopped in this morning, and the Wellers had landed.  Looking forward to enjoying the WA 107 I picked up.

Edited by Zero Cool

3 hours ago, Zero Cool said:

Stopped in this morning, and the Wellers had landed.  Looking forward to enjoying the WA 107 I picked up.

Nice grab. Was just in the LP store a few hours ago and nothing to be had. One of these days I’ll luck out. 

I talked with Joe from the Whiskey Hotline last nite. These are starting to hit. Weller 107 & Special Reserve, ER, BT, & even Blantons pics. Get 'em while their hot!

30 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

I talked with Joe from the Whiskey Hotline last nite. These are starting to hit. Weller 107 & Special Reserve, ER, BT, & even Blantons pics. Get 'em while their hot!

Thanks for the heads up.  Was anyone able to use those coupons last Saturday on barrel picks like FR?

49 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Was anyone able to use those coupons last Saturday on barrel picks like FR?

Those are allocated items, so the coupon is not supposed to work. But not always enforced.

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Those are allocated items, so the coupon is not supposed to work. But not always enforced.

LOL I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread but was told I was wrong, so just wondering how Binny's dealt with it this go around. 

20 hours ago, Zero Cool said:

I also got a W107. They had the 107, WSR and BT Binny’s picks. Manager did not have any info about store pick ER or Blanton’s.

I was told the W107 was a 4 Barrel small batch. The BT is 8 barrels. Anyone else get any further details/information  on the batches?

5 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I also got a W107. They had the 107, WSR and BT Binny’s picks. Manager did not have any info about store pick ER or Blanton’s.

I was told the W107 was a 4 Barrel small batch. The BT is 8 barrels. Anyone else get any further details/information  on the batches?

Would love to know where you guys are finding these. I have now been to 3 separate city locations and in each one they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about the ER and Weller picks. Two guys made effectively the same statement. They can’t get regular ER or Weller, much less a store pick. Maybe it’s all going to the suburbs or they’re playing dumb. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.