scratchline

Cocktails, 2018

smokinjoe
4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Try some Mellow Corn instead.

Yep!  And garnish with 3 slices of crispy bacon.  And, don’t dab off the grease.  Just shove dripping right into your glass.  

• I like it 1

Marekv8

A holiday cocktail in respect to my 4:30am wake-up call— a Compass Box Perfect Penicillin using the CB Honey-Ginger syrup, fresh lemon juice, GKS Artist's Blend and Cask Strength Peat Monster. Good stuff, but the Scotch all but disappeared under the extreme spiciness. I don't keep any booze at home, so I broke it down into travel kit form. 

IMG_9858.thumb.jpg.9cfdbf5fd9261c6d1021a7cbaf13f83d.jpg

]IMG_9859.thumb.jpg.69a580ca256a2b0ed2e005ea0f3d6c25.jpg

smokinjoe

Just threw some wings on the smoker, so going to begin the wait with simple GnT.  

E0662B81-ACA9-429D-BC7D-B17BEAF9D4BE.jpeg

kevinbrink

Have more Thai Basil in my deck garden than I can possibly cook with, made this Thai "Mojito" subbing Thai Basil in for Mint and Reposado Tequila for the Rum, it's working. 

y4mjehV9rIkjNTjqfVeYvBWGn5KkZPMKvlsNKAge

flahute
8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Just threw some wings on the smoker, so going to begin the wait with simple GnT.  

E0662B81-ACA9-429D-BC7D-B17BEAF9D4BE.jpeg

That there looks damn refreshing. I'm drinking Negronis and boulevardiers with the in laws. (Sazeracs last night). But will transition to g&t's tomorrow because my mother in law loves a good g&t.

BigRich

This is my summer drink. I just can’t do whiskey at 90+ degrees in the sun. So when I’m firing up the grill (flank Steak tonight) I whip up a few daiquiris. I snubbed my nose back when we were in Puerto Rico years ago thinking it was that technicolored swirly machine crap but I finally tried my first real one at the Bacardi Distillery. I’ve been hooked every since. I rarely drink any other warm weather cocktail.
IMG_1845.JPG

dcbt

I've been drinking quite a few Cuban sidecars during the summer heat.  Quite refreshing. 

ratcheer

I wouldn't call this a cocktail, but by the modern definition, it is. Yesterday, in the July heat, I took a shot of Bacardi  Añejo with a healthy squeeze of lemon juice, ice cubes, and water. It was refreshing, without a load of sugar. In a way, I guess it was grog.

Tim

• I like it 1

Lenient
8 hours ago, ratcheer said:

I wouldn't call this a cocktail, but by the modern definition, it is. Yesterday, in the July heat, I took a shot of Bacardi  Añejo with a healthy squeeze of lemon juice, ice cubes, and water. It was refreshing, without a load of sugar. In a way, I guess it was grog.

Tim

Sounds more or less like grog indeed; I might have to try that sometime soon, with Bacardi Añejo (not sure it'd be very good with the regular white, or gold bacardis i have, or dark rum)

Last cocktails I had were homemade mojitos out of a pitcher on 4th of July. It's not an American cocktail but given the summer heat, it was nice. I hope to make some Cuba Libres in the future. 

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2
On 7/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, Marekv8 said:

A holiday cocktail in respect to my 4:30am wake-up call— a Compass Box Perfect Penicillin using the CB Honey-Ginger syrup, fresh lemon juice, GKS Artist's Blend and Cask Strength Peat Monster. Good stuff, but the Scotch all but disappeared under the extreme spiciness. I don't keep any booze at home, so I broke it down into travel kit form. 

IMG_9858.thumb.jpg.9cfdbf5fd9261c6d1021a7cbaf13f83d.jpg

Interesting. Wasn't aware Compass Box had started bottling a syrup, or at least lending their name to a bottled syrup, but there it is!

Marekv8
5 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Interesting. Wasn't aware Compass Box had started bottling a syrup, or at least lending their name to a bottled syrup, but there it is!

It's really a nice liquid, and given how powerful it is-- the identity of the Scotch components get killed off immediately. I whipped up another batch for my wife tonight using Johnnie Walker Swing and Lagavulin 16 and she didn't notice the difference. I find it best to double the amount of the peated component, otherwise it all but disappears in the mix.