Tours at Town Branch & Buffalo Trace

Skinsfan1311
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A group of us will be in Louisville & Lexington to tour distilleries for 4 days.   We'll be in Lexington for a day and a half.  I booked a Hard Hat tour at BT for 1:30pm.    I preferred the earlier tour, but there are no more spots available.   My plan is to book a private tour, for the 6 of us, at Town Branch/Kentucky Ale.    It includes an 1hr 15 minute tour of the brewery & distillery, along with some samples and a pint glass.   The tour is supposed to start at 10:30am.     For those in the know, do we have ample time to do the both tours, and grabbing lunch at BT, without rushing too much?    I see that BT is ~ 40 minutes from Town Branch, but I don't know the parking situation at either distillery, or if the tours at Town Branch usually start on time, etc. .   We also booked a Ghost Tour at BT for 7:00 pm that same day.      Time permitting, we might hit Wild Turkey, after the Hard Hat tour for  a tasting, before grabbing another bite to eat and heading back to BT.   That, or grab an early dinner, then chill out at BT until the Ghost Tour starts.

Does this sound feasible?   Any, and all, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  

Yes, you're good.  I'd even recommend the scenic drive over to Frankfort, on Old Frankfort Pike! 

P. S. The Wallace Station Restaurant, which is on this route, would provide a great lunch stop.  I'd give myself 45 minutes for the drive, plus another 30-45 for lunch.

Edited by Paddy

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Yes, you're good.  I'd even recommend the scenic drive over to Frankfort, on Old Frankfort Pike! 

P. S. The Wallace Station Restaurant, which is on this route, would provide a great lunch stop.  I'd give myself 45 minutes for the drive, plus another 30-45 for lunch.

Thank you very much!

Don't know how set you are on Town Branch, but if you're going on a Thurs or Fri, I'll offer up for consideration the Restoration tour at Castle & Key (the 10:30 tour would fit if available).  No tasting (of finished product) since they've only been distilling for @ a year on-site, but it was fascinating walking all around the site, hearing their plans and seeing the progress of their restoration of EHT's last distillery - was the highlight of my pre-Xmas Bourbon Pilgrimage.   The BT Ghost Tour was a unique and fun tour after dark, and I'd recommend the BT EHT Bourbon Pompeii tour too, if it'll fit with the HH Tour timing.  

Did 5 BT tours in one day while on the Pilgrimage.

• I like it 1

^^^^ THIS!!!!     If you're at all into the history of distilling Bourbon this tour is extremely interesting, and very much worth the investment of your time.   (IMHO.)    Aside: Seeing the architecture alone is worth the time to get there and back.

• I like it 1

On 1/17/2018 at 11:04 PM, PowderKeg said:

Don't know how set you are on Town Branch, but if you're going on a Thurs or Fri, I'll offer up for consideration the Restoration tour at Castle & Key (the 10:30 tour would fit if available).  No tasting (of finished product) since they've only been distilling for @ a year on-site, but it was fascinating walking all around the site, hearing their plans and seeing the progress of their restoration of EHT's last distillery - was the highlight of my pre-Xmas Bourbon Pilgrimage.   The BT Ghost Tour was a unique and fun tour after dark, and I'd recommend the BT EHT Bourbon Pompeii tour too, if it'll fit with the HH Tour timing.  

Did 5 BT tours in one day while on the Pilgrimage.

11 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

^^^^ THIS!!!!     If you're at all into the history of distilling Bourbon this tour is extremely interesting, and very much worth the investment of your time.   (IMHO.)    Aside: Seeing the architecture alone is worth the time to get there and back.

Sounds great!  I'll run it by the group.  

8 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Will be there Thursday for the HardHatTour! 

Sweet!   Let us know how it goes $

• 2 weeks later...

Youre gonna have a great time. It was so impressive from multiple perspectives. My wife who didnt get my bourbon obsession became a huge fan that day. Didnt mention Pappy nor so many other subjects of interest simply because we were so amazed at the history and the processes. We will definitely be going back in the spring. Tastings and gift shop spirits offerings were basic but plenty fine to finish off a fantastic day. ERBT, Bourbon Cream and white dog. Bourbon Cream was a nice surprise as I hadnt tasted it before. BT is such a fantastic pour that I was fine with that. We stayed in Bardstown as we had other buisness to take care of. The restaurants we went to had just about everything under the sun at the bar.

Have fun!

• I like it 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, FasterHorses said:

Youre gonna have a great time. It was so impressive from multiple perspectives. My wife who didnt get my bourbon obsession became a huge fan that day. Didnt mention Pappy nor so many other subjects of interest simply because we were so amazed at the history and the processes. We will definitely be going back in the spring. Tastings and gift shop spirits offerings were basic but plenty fine to finish off a fantastic day. ERBT, Bourbon Cream and white dog. Bourbon Cream was a nice surprise as I hadnt tasted it before. BT is such a fantastic pour that I was fine with that. We stayed in Bardstown as we had other buisness to take care of. The restaurants we went to had just about everything under the sun at the bar.

Have fun!

Thanks!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.