What's New In Dallas?!?!

Bourbon....Neat!
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, dcbt said:

Return the Herman Marshall stat (run, don't walk) unless you like scotch.  It literally tastes exactly like scotch.  They use a very unusual mash bill of corn and barley (no rye or wheat), and while they must be using at least 51% corn there is so much barley it overpowers the corn and ends up being scotch-like.

Haha thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately I think I am committed at this point.  I don't think many stores take returns on alcohol.

Final update....I am currently sitting in Blatt Beer & Table.  Had the "dirty bird" chicken sandwich which was delicious.  So far I have had a Mr. Wiggles IPA from Rahr brewing and I just ordered a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout.  Delicious!

As for the whiskey, I bought the $99 WT Decades.  I decided on that bottle as I have wanted one for a while and the price was $30 cheaper than I have ever found it.  Sorry dcbt I filled the suitcase.

48 minutes ago, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Final update....I am currently sitting in Blatt Beer & Table.  Had the "dirty bird" chicken sandwich which was delicious.  So far I have had a Mr. Wiggles IPA from Rahr brewing and I just ordered a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout.  Delicious!

As for the whiskey, I bought the $99 WT Decades.  I decided on that bottle as I have wanted one for a while and the price was $30 cheaper than I have ever found it.  Sorry dcbt I filled the suitcase.

:) sounds like you had a successful time on the eats and drinks in dallas the last few days. Visitors often complain there isn't much to do here except eat and shop, and while I can't speak to the shopping part, the eats usually come thru...

18 hours ago, dcbt said:

:) sounds like you had a successful time on the eats and drinks in dallas the last few days. Visitors often complain there isn't much to do here except eat and shop, and while I can't speak to the shopping part, the eats usually come thru...

Eating and whiskey shopping was plenty of fun for me!  Would have been more fun if i wasnt by myself.  

I think I came back 10 lbs heavier though.  Hahahaha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.