April Trip - Last Day Schedule

Skinsfan1311
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This will be our last day in Louisville.   We opted for a private tour, due to the distance of Maker's, and we want to drink.  At this point, we will have already visited Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Town Branch, Beam, Angel's Envy, Evan Williams & Wild Turkey.   Could possibly squeeze another one in, but we don't need to blitzkrieg Kentucky, because we'll be back.  It all depend on how we feel

There are 7 of us going, but we booked a private tour on a 9 passenger vehicle, (for comfort), with Mint Julep Tours.     We're actually getting an 11-passenger vehicle, (Ford Transit), for the price of the 9-passenger.  The way it works is that you reserve a vehicle, then work with them to figure out your itinerary.     We'll be staying at the Seelbach

8:30 am pickup at the hotel

10:00 am - 12:00  Maker's Mark

12:30 - 1:45 Talbot Tavern for lunch

3:00 - 3:45 Blade & Bow Private Tasting*

4:45-6:00 Jeptha Creed Private barrel tour & tasting W/Master Distiller*   This one really has me intrigued, as you get a "straight from the barrel tasting" which is curious as it's a newer distillery.  I haven't read much on the board about them, so I'll let everyone know how it turns out. 

6:30 back at the hotel

Thunder over Louisville is going on that night, so maybe we'll check out the fireworks, if we're not too drun....err......tired.

*Mint Julep Exclusive

This sounds like a lot of fun! It would be too long for me though. When we do the trail, we usually head out like 10 AM, and do 3 tours, or maybe 2 tours, and one gift shop tasting and call it a day around 3 pm. Then back to the hotel for dinner and drinks. Then the next day we repeat the schedule with different distilleries. 

The Seelbach is a real nice hotel!

On 1/25/2018 at 8:47 PM, cdcdguy said:

This sounds like a lot of fun! It would be too long for me though. When we do the trail, we usually head out like 10 AM, and do 3 tours, or maybe 2 tours, and one gift shop tasting and call it a day around 3 pm. Then back to the hotel for dinner and drinks. Then the next day we repeat the schedule with different distilleries. 

The Seelbach is a real nice hotel!

I hear ya!   We're doing that our first couple of days, with the later starts.     That's our last day, and it's a Saturday to boot, and  and Maker's  seems like a hike, which is why we picked  that day to utilize the tour company.

Can't wait to check out the Seelbach too...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.