Oh happy day!

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After several grueling months of bitterly cold temperatures, Old Man Winter gave us a reprieve this weekend. Yesterday, the otherwise dreary days gave way to 65 degrees and sunny. At my house this is known as the start of "cigar season". That is, Leslie won't let me smoke in the house, and I'm not an addict, so my cigar enjoyment hibernates with the bears lol.gif. So upon realizing that this day was something special, I filled up the tank on the Weber, threw a couple beef tenderloins on the grill, poured a generous Kentucky Spirit (old-label) and fired up my inaugural Hemmingway Signature to ring in the impending springtime.

My Hemmingways are about 8 months older than when I first bought them and they are aging nicely. Nice nutty, woodsy flavors really complemented the KS quite well. Paired with a fine piece of medium-rare, 100% black angus and I was in sensory overload. Here's to the new year, and many more special cigar/boubon moments toast.gif

That sounds like a heavenly combination, Jeff. I haven't had the Signature, but I love the Hemingway Short Stories. On a recent trip to my favorite local tobacconist, I saw that Diamond Crown has a new offering which would make an interesting substitute for the Hemingway. If I can see spending 18 bucks for a stick that is. Oh well, we only live once...

Sounds like a you had a great time, I'm lucky enough to live where the weather is plesent year around so I can smoke all the time cool.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.