BOTM 2/18: Jim Beam Distiller's Cut

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At even later than the other late posts - but this thread did get me to try the DC and liked it well enough to bunker a bunch while I could.  See it around at some places still but it is not near as common as it was .   I think it is well worth it to pick up a bottle (or 8 ) if you find it for under $25 to give it a try and see if it is to your liking.

The variations in people's palates does make it a hard thing to suggest any one over another - but it is not like it is a $150 bottle or anything ?

If nothing else it would be a good mixer or one to have your non-bourbon drinking friends try mixed - to bring them over to the enlightened bourbon drinkers side - that way if they do not like it - you are not out the really good stuff...

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

It was recommended by a friend, primarily because it was BIB and non chill filtered.  Tried it and enjoyed it...but bottles were hard to find.  Over Christmas, we found it in Florida, and my SIL just found a cache of 7 which are now mine.  He is still looking for more...and 20 bucks a bottle.?

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs. F and I are big fans but we have not seen any lately. Several clerks have told me it was a limited release and they do not expect to get any more. Don't know if this is true or not. Clerks have told me a lot of doubtful things over the years. With all due respect, they are not the most reliable of sources even about stuff you would expect them to know. Still....

4 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Mrs. F and I are big fans but we have not seen any lately. Several clerks have told me it was a limited release and they do not expect to get any more. Don't know if this is true or not. Clerks have told me a lot of doubtful things over the years. With all due respect, they are not the most reliable of sources even about stuff you would expect them to know. Still....

It's a limited release.  I think a periodic release because it had at least a couple of separate releases, maybe more.  I think the Repeal Batch is the more recent substitute.

I am not sure if there will be another release of DC,  but since it was popular and it's only 5 year old liquid, I wouldn't be surprised of we see more in the future.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

It's a limited release.  I think a periodic release because it had at least a couple of separate releases, maybe more.  I think the Repeal Batch is the more recent substitute.

I am not sure if there will be another release of DC,  but since it was popular and it's only 5 year old liquid, I wouldn't be surprised of we see more in the future.

We like Repeal as well--which means it is doomed, doomed I tell you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.