Does anyone know where I can find a Willett Family Estate Wheater for sale at ok pricing?

MasterTater
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi all,

I am not a fan of secondary pricing but I tried a bottle from Singapore, C45A, that was sublime.  Would anyone know where I could possibly try to find one, or, find something like it?  Not interested in Craigslist.

• I like it 1

Your chosen board name indicates that you already know the answer to this question.

Finding one of these at a reasonable price is not possible.

If anyone here knew of one that was somehow listed at a "reasonable" price, they would have already bought it.

That's just how it goes with those WFE wheaters.

That is an interesting link.

My understanding is that WFE are only sent to: stores, bars/restaurants, or their gift shop (that have made arrangements with Willett).

I suppose you could contact Willett and ask for leads.

You will probably have better luck searching for substitutes (as in other high end wheated bourbon).  That in itself is not an easy task.  I hesitate to suggest you join the masses scrambling for the WL Weller or Van Winkles.

Maybe you could find Rebel Yell 10 Year Old Single Barrel @ $50 - $65.  It's distilled by Heaven Hill; very likely so was the WFE you tried.

More easy to find and cheaper are: Larceny, Weller Antique, or W12 (not so easy). 

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, flahute said:

Your chosen board name indicates that you already know the answer to this question.

Finding one of these at a reasonable price is not possible.

If anyone here knew of one that was somehow listed at a "reasonable" price, they would have already bought it.

That's just how it goes with those WFE wheaters.

Unfortunately, he is right.  I'd buy it up by the case if I could find them at MSRP. 

Well, appreciate the help.  Guess I missed the boat.  While I was scouring the city for Pappy in 2013, I must have left hundreds of these on the shelf at Astor Wines and Liquors.  I've begun to notice how similar they get as they reach 21 years old.  oak, a whole lot of oak.

Thanks again!

• I like it 1

Went to a friend who had a bottle that was similar - "C42A" - it was 20 years old and it sounded very familiar.  I went into Maysville in Manhattan the other day, and of course, there it was, C42A at $200/ounce!!!  My friend offered me the bottle he got for his cost, $550, I took it but how do you open a $550 dollar bottle???  Let alone buy an ounce for 200???

15 minutes ago, MasterTater said:

Went to a friend who had a bottle that was similar - "C42A" - it was 20 years old and it sounded very familiar.  I went into Maysville in Manhattan the other day, and of course, there it was, C42A at $200/ounce!!!  My friend offered me the bottle he got for his cost, $550, I took it but how do you open a $550 dollar bottle???  Let alone buy an ounce for 200???

Well I guess the better question is how do you spend $550 on a bottle and just look at it? Crack that thing open and enjoy it.

• I like it 7

20 hours ago, Fishin49er said:

Well I guess the better question is how do you spend $550 on a bottle and just look at it? Crack that thing open and enjoy it.

This

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.