Master of Malt

Littlericky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They were bought by AB InBev today, so that might have something to do with it. 

15 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

They were bought by AB InBev today, so that might have something to do with it. 

I can't imagine it's a coincidence, but I'm wondering why exactly that would affect their shipping to the US. There are a few possible reasons, but I think this is the key sentence from their blog post: "We are working very hard on ways to be able to provide services again with the help of wholesale and retail partners based in-country." This makes it sound like they're trying to find new avenues through which to deliver their wares. Maybe they're concerned about the legality of selling directly to US customers since they're now a retailer owned by a producer, which is not in line with the three-tier system? Seems like they'd be able to skirt around this by restructuring ownership or something.

The division of AB InBev (ZX Ventures) that technically purchased MoM's parent company call themselves a "global growth an innovation group", so it's funny that they purchased an online retailer and then immediately shut down a large market.

I went to sleep with some UK Blantons in my cart at MoM. Woke up and couldn’t complete my order. Had to overpay pretty hard just to get some on my shelf :/

Edited by Bambam

• 1 month later...

Got my delivery from MoM a few weeks ago, after the shutdown.  Not FedEx anymore, but some guy with a truck.  No signature required, but we missed each other several times and had to call the UK to re-schedule delivery.  Gonna' give them some time to work out the kinks with the new delivery service before ordering again.  But I did finally complete my collection of Blanton's Gold tops!

Blanton's Gold Tops Complete.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

46 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Got my delivery from MoM a few weeks ago, after the shutdown.  Not FedEx anymore, but some guy with a truck.  No signature required, but we missed each other several times and had to call the UK to re-schedule delivery.  Gonna' give them some time to work out the kinks with the new delivery service before ordering again.  But I did finally complete my collection of Blanton's Gold tops!

Blanton's Gold Tops Complete.jpg

IMPRESSIVE, Gee!     A classy and tasteful display, too.    Good on ya', Gee!  :)

Nice but keeping the UK sticker on the bottle (or facing forward) kind of seems out of place!

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Nice but keeping the UK sticker on the bottle (or facing forward) kind of seems out of place!

But, but  . . . .  that's where I got it from (is that good Engrish?) heh, heh!

1526571688_BlantonsGoldTopsComplete.thumb.jpg.70befb6e7f913579e3f115342042280d.jpg

Very nice looking display!

3 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Very nice looking display!

Thanks - and now I can replace the almost empty bottle of Blanton's Gold with a new bottle of Blanton's SFTB (thanks to my new best friend!) sans the UK sticker, of course . . . . . . . . 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Thanks - and now I can replace the almost empty bottle of Blanton's Gold with a new bottle of Blanton's SFTB (thanks to my new best friend!) sans the UK sticker, of course . . . . . . . . 

Excellent plan! :)

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 1

For the record, this seems to be just MoM. For example, The Whisky Exchange will still happily ship to US if you need your SFTB fix.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a good alternative to MOM? I placed an order around Feb and got my first Blanton’s Gold & SFTB and in need for replacement. Whiskey Exchange doesn’t seem to ship to MI so asking the more experienced online shoppers in regards to reputable sites. PM me if needed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.