Master of Malt

Littlericky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone used Master of Malt to purchase items that can't be found in the United States? Shipping is a little high but expected beings it is coming from oversees. How is there service?

4 minutes ago, DROB said:

I have, they take a bit of time to get here but are well packed and no customs issues.

Any issues with processing your CC beings it was an overseas purchase or fees involved with that?

Any issues with processing your CC beings it was an overseas purchase or fees involved with that?

Not at all, smooth easy transaction

2 minutes ago, DROB said:

Not at all, smooth easy transaction

Perfect, thanks for the info

• I like it 1

MoM is awesome.  Been using them for years.  Not too long ago, you could get BTAC, FR Les and other limited bourbons, but not anymore.  It's good for Blantons Gold and SFTB, but otherwise, their bourbon inventory is fairly basic, except when they get some old bottles from the 70's, or 80's from someone's private collection they bought - but those are priced accordingly at secondary value.  The scotch selection is incredible if you're into that sort of thing.  The samples are great as well for sampling expensive bottles or tasting before you invest.  Lastly, Advent Calendars are second to none - I've been doing those for years courtesy of Mrs. jvd99  

• I like it 1

I use BOA.  They flagged for fraud when I purchased from them.  But was easily cleared up and the rest was an easy purchase.  All arrived safely and on time.  

16 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

MoM is awesome.  Been using them for years.  Not too long ago, you could get BTAC, FR Les and other limited bourbons, but not anymore.  It's good for Blantons Gold and SFTB, but otherwise, their bourbon inventory is fairly basic, except when they get some old bottles from the 70's, or 80's from someone's private collection they bought - but those are priced accordingly at secondary value.  The scotch selection is incredible if you're into that sort of thing.  The samples are great as well for sampling expensive bottles or tasting before you invest.  Lastly, Advent Calendars are second to none - I've been doing those for years courtesy of Mrs. jvd99  

Blanton's SFTB is what I want to use them mainly for, sucks we have to purchase from overseas.

I've used them before for SFTB, Gold, and Special Reserve (the 80 proof green label).  I had no issues with the transaction (although as you mentioned shipping was a bit pricey and that's why I spread it out over 4 bottles).  If you're worried about foreign exchange charges you should check your credit card / cards as there are a bunch that offer no foreign exchange fees.  There's a decent chance you own one where this applies.

Use them all the time. No CC issues with BOA so far -- except an insignificant foreign transaction fee. They pack their bottles bullet proof, nevermind shipping issues, it's a good 10min hassle to remove all the packing material.

Edit: I sometimes even buy stuff that can be found in the US. If your cart is big enough, sometimes the price evens out and yet you can easily buy stuff that's difficult to track down in the US. Big savings in gas and time :)

Edited by Kane

I order from them a couple of times a year. No issues with my bank besides the 1% foreign transaction fee.

I bought SAOS 11 and SFTB last Friday from MoM...had the bottles on my desk in Chicago on Tuesday - shipping is a big expense with them but they are incredibly fast and packaging is second-to-none. I used to find FR LE’s and other gems there...as has already been stated, the picks are a little less exciting news w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. I purchased Blanton's Gold & SFTB last Wednesday evening and the bottles arrived last night. The packaging was great and no damage to the bottles. Very easy transaction and I highly recommend if there is something you are looking for that you can't find in the states. Yes shipping was a little high but not totally outrageous. If you have a CC that doesn't charge for the foreign transaction fees even better. Now I just have to sample and compare these two to the original that I am currently working on. Cheers!

26 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Now for the most important question. Is the packaging discreet?

Yes I am curious about this as well. . . and do you have to be home to sign for it or is it just left on the doorstep (my preference).  My FedEx driver doesn't even bother knocking anymore - haha.  

Just now, Kane said:

Adult sig required, because alcohol.

Good to know.  I believe it's technically illegal for them to ship to the US so I was wondering if they skipped that step.  

53 minutes ago, Dom said:

Good to know.  I believe it's technically illegal for them to ship to the US so I was wondering if they skipped that step.  

Why do you think that it'd be illegal?

The signature required part was always a bit of a hassle but depending on the shipper I could usually direct it to a nearbylocation for pick up. Never was questioned about picking it up even though as noted it is clearly labeled as liquor.

23 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The signature required part was always a bit of a hassle but depending on the shipper I could usually direct it to a nearbylocation for pick up. Never was questioned about picking it up even though as noted it is clearly labeled as liquor.

Agree, that's what I did. I had it redirected to a location close to the house and picked it up after having to sign for it, no issues at all.

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Ship it to your work address, that’s what I do, someone’s always there to sign

That's why I asked about discreet packaging.

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Ship it to your work address, that’s what I do, someone’s always there to sign

I thought about that but then everyone wants you to share....lol

• 2 months later...

Blog post from MoM today...

https://www.masterofmalt.com/blog/post/shipping-to-the-usa.aspx

Ok, there’s no way to sugar coat this, so we’re just going to come right out and say it – as of today, we’re stopping delivery to the US.

We’d love to be able to have some idea how and if this is going to change in the future, but we just don’t want to give any false hope.

Suffice to say, 2 things are true:

• You guys in the USA are extremely important to us, and we are *incredibly*sorry about this.
  • We are working very hard on ways to be able to provide services again with the help of wholesale and retail partners based in-country.

Thank you for all your incredible support over the years.

The Chaps at Master of Malt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.