kevinbrink

Russell's Reserve 2002

bourbon4all

no doubt

Mako254

Yep. Going to have to put a bug in my locals ear about this now. 

Richnimrod

Ooooooooh!     This has just GOT to be a stellar Bourbon, if it ever gets bottled.      I just pray for a chance to taste this offering.

• I like it 2

tanstaafl2

This looks like a follow up on the 1998 version of the Russel's Reserve bourbon limited release (tanked in 2014 at about 15yo but released in late 2015). Very good but $250 retail at the time and quickly went into the secondary market circus. I shudder to think what it might cost now even if you can get one at retail...

flahute
12 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

This looks like a follow up on the 1998 version of the Russel's Reserve bourbon limited release (tanked in 2014 at about 15yo but released in late 2015). Very good but $250 retail at the time and quickly went into the secondary market circus. I shudder to think what it might cost now even if you can get one at retail...

My thoughts exactly!

This new one will most certainly be the same price. I tried the 1998 about 6 weeks ago and thought it had too much oak so I won't fret if this new version is out of my price range.

Vosgar

Bruce, I'm afraid you're probably right about the price. With all of the really good RRSB's out there for around $50, I'd like to think this new one would sit on the shelves, but I highly doubt it.

LCWoody

I'm sure if I see one ill buy it....  I'm a sucker:rolleyes:.  I do hope I get a chance to try it. 

tanstaafl2
55 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Bruce, I'm afraid you're probably right about the price. With all of the really good RRSB's out there for around $50, I'd like to think this new one would sit on the shelves, but I highly doubt it.

If it remains at $250 I would be surprised to be honest. I would certainly like to try it but not sure I will chase it. But if it falls into my lap...

57 minutes ago, flahute said:

My thoughts exactly!

This new one will most certainly be the same price. I tried the 1998 about 6 weeks ago and thought it had too much oak so I won't fret if this new version is out of my price range.

I thought it was somewhat oaky (and that is not typically my profile) but I didn't think it was overdone and enjoyed it as I recall. But it has been awhile.

flahute
1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

If it remains at $250 I would be surprised to be honest. I would certainly like to try it but not sure I will chase it. But if it falls into my lap...

I thought it was somewhat oaky (and that is not typically my profile) but I didn't think it was overdone and enjoyed it as I recall. But it has been awhile.

A year or so ago and I would have likely loved it. But as my palate evolves I find myself becoming more and more sensitive to oak. I opened an old EC age stated 12 a couple weeks ago and 2 out of 3 times it tastes too oaky for me. That never happened before.

• I like it 2

Kane

Tasting notes: White chocolate? Never heard or tasted that in bourbon before... And can't really associate that with the WT profile either.