EH Four Grain 2018 Release

Dom
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone seeing these hit the stores yet? I have heard a handful of different stories from it got pushed back several times now to not due out till March. I heard they were to hit my local stores in Feb/March last year so Im kind of on the hunt. Wondering if anyone has had a sighting . . .

If I remember correctly, my store said to expect it late March time frame for release.  Maybe that is just local availability.

Yeah that is the most consistent thing I have heard but I have heard Feb as well so Im paranoid I'll miss it. Obviously every market is different but if someone has had a sighting, Ill go on an all out stalk. Just had another kid though so I have to choose my days wisely =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Figured I would keep this topic going. It’s now mid March which according to breaking bourbon’s calendar, EHT 4G should be hitting shelves soon. I haven’t seen any yet in Michigan. Anyone else have any updates?

I don’t have anything exactly on topic, but I’ll keep my eye out.

On the general subject of the EHT4G though, I had a question I was pondering lately: does anyone know if it is distilled from a four grain mash, or is it just a blend of distillates from the BT wheat mashbill and one of the rye mashbills? Or is it a blend of already aged bourbon?

I've been putting out a few feelers for this release myself.  My best connection should come through as long as I can pinpoint when it hits town.  "Corporate" takes delivery of all allocated bottles, but gives them to stores who ask...  just need to know when to ask.

I'm curious about the availability, demand, and pricing that this release will bring.  I want a bottle to try, as I missed the last one.  I'm rapidly approaching $100 a bottle fatigue.  I've got plenty of bottles to drink, and many to open, so I'm becoming reluctant to fork over money for the next "latest hottest lit fad" bottle.  

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, mikeydk said:

I'm rapidly approaching $100 a bottle fatigue.  I've got plenty of bottles to drink, and many to open, so I'm becoming reluctant to fork over money for the next "latest hottest lit fad" bottle.  

Only 27 posts but showing wisdom and indicating that you get the concept of bourbon zen.

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, mikeydk said:

I'm curious about the availability, demand, and pricing that this release will bring.  I want a bottle to try, as I missed the last one.  I'm rapidly approaching $100 a bottle fatigue.  I've got plenty of bottles to drink, and many to open, so I'm becoming reluctant to fork over money for the next "latest hottest lit fad" bottle.  

I agree, it seems so much coming out lately is up there in price.  I will say though that last years 4 grain was great!  It was my first bottle of 4G, although I've had plenty of the EHT offerings.   

I have been keeping an eye open as well and haven't seen it out here in WA yet, where with taxes I'll pay well over $100 at retail if I can get it... 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

Any sightings?

I saw a bottle from last year still sitting on the shelf for $300 :blink:

Picked one up from a NCABC store at $74.85 including tax.              It’s will be opened tomorrow night for the derby Mint Julip lovers as long as they hold the mint , ice and sugar.    If they insist on following the recipe, I have a bottom shelfer they are welcome to.    

• I like it 1

Even if you missed out on the 4G ask your retailer if they still have the wooden box it was shipped in.  It looks amazing!  

On 5/4/2018 at 8:58 PM, $helby said:

Picked one up from a NCABC store at $74.85 including tax.              It’s will be opened tomorrow night for the derby Mint Julip lovers as long as they hold the mint , ice and sugar.    If they insist on following the recipe, I have a bottom shelfer they are welcome to.    

I managed 2 in NC... already popped one and after one glass it was the best bourbon on my shelf. I like it better than the blantons and EC18 its beside. 

• I like it 2

Anyone know how to tell if the bottle is from 2017 release or 2018 release.

1 hour ago, birdie said:

Anyone know how to tell if the bottle is from 2017 release or 2018 release.

Laser date code on the glass bottle near the bottom-on the side (if its not rubbed off).  It'll say "B17" or "B18".  or it could say "L17" or "L18",

Depending on which line it was bottled on.

Anyway, the second two digits are usually the year.

Edited by 0895

Great, thank you, based on that looks like some of the ones hitting CO are from 2017

It has come (and probably gone) in Atlanta except for maybe bottles priced at secondary. Haven't had a chance to try it or compare to 2017 but i am sure I will eventually!

• I like it 2

I'm still looking in CA.  Nothing yet although I have been busy and not hunting as much as I could.  Every time I ask I get the "it has been delayed" story.  

Is there a different release date on the Barrel Proof one? In this four grain release I've seen a lot of of the single barrel with it in the store. 

On 5/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, PiraSea said:

Is there a different release date on the Barrel Proof one? In this four grain release I've seen a lot of of the single barrel with it in the store. 

Your confusion confuses me... 

Edited by 0895

On 5/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, 0895 said:

Your confusion confuses me... 

At the same time as the four grain release, we got a release of single barrel too. Is there a different time period on the barrel proof release?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.