Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond

Whiskey Lullaby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 hours ago, BourbonJoe said:

At the HH gift shop for 114.

Joe, The gift shop still only had the Fall 2018 release, which is the 9yr. You are correct that the price was $114.99. I expect that when they finally do have the 13yr Spring 2019 release available at the HH gift shop, it will probably be priced at around $140 to $150. 

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Joe, The gift shop still only had the Fall 2018 release, which is the 9yr. You are correct that the price was $114.99. I expect that when they finally do have the 13yr Spring 2019 release available at the HH gift shop, it will probably be priced at around $140 to $150. 

Any idea when the 13 year will be released?

13 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Any idea when the 13 year will be released?

Your guess is as good as anyone’s...in other words, who knows. Maybe it will be available when you are there, but don’t count on it so you won’t be disappointed if it’s not. 

There are 42 bottles in the warehouse for Idaho as of today.  Just waiting for the lottery to start...

On 4/30/2019 at 11:10 AM, lcpfratn said:

Whew, I thought I missed them!  Folks were walking out with cases of the 9yr OFBiB when we were there Saturday afternoon.  No 13yr or HH27 or EC18/23 to be found, tho'.    Bummer.   ?

Whew, I thought I missed them!  Folks were walking out with cases of the 9yr OFBiB when we were there Saturday afternoon.  No 13yr or HH27 or EC18/23 to be found, tho'.    Bummer.   [emoji25]

I’m betting those cases had one bottle of the Old Fitz 9yr and several bottles of something else in them. They had several empty cases behind the counter, and they’ll use them for packaging if someone asks them for a box instead of their gift bags. You can only buy one bottle of each LE bottle from the gift shop annually. To enforce that, they ask for your drivers license, and it’s recorded in their system for every LE purchase.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, afinchmustang said:

My local guy said he is expecting a bottle in the next couple of weeks. Very small LS in Texas, so there might hope for us all

Follow up to my post from a couple of days ago. It looks like he is no longer expecting a bottle. Back to reality.

15 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I’m betting those cases had one bottle of the Old Fitz 9yr and several bottles of something else in them. They had several empty cases behind the counter, and they’ll use them for packaging if someone asks them for a box instead of their gift bags. You can only buy one bottle of each LE bottle from the gift shop annually. To enforce that, they ask for your drivers license, and it’s recorded in their system for every LE purchase.

Wow, what a buzzkill!  Good thing I didn't drive back to get my case . . . . . . .  ?

• 2 weeks later...

I went into a Bottle Shop here in GA looking for something new to try.

Stumbled upon a bottle of the new 13yr in their display case.

I almost didnt even bother to look at the price because places here tend to sell at secondary prices.

To my surprise - they were selling the only bottle for $100.

Figured I couldnt go wrong at that price, but ill admit i had no clue as to how much it usually goes for and the general consensus on the flavor. All I knew was I had not seen a bottle of Old Fitz in some time and that I thought it was considered lower end. Was surprised to see 13 yrs, the gorgeous decanter bottle, and the price so I took a gamble.

Will see how good it is at a later date. Got a few others opened I need to finish before breaking the stamp on this one. 

• I like it 4

$100 is a steal. I think msrp is $130. Still haven’t seen any here in Illinois. 

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

$100 is a steal. I think msrp is $130. Still haven’t seen any here in Illinois. 

I posted on a different board when I got it because I generally do my research on things like this because so many specialty bottlings are just high priced average stuff, I thought I mightve screwed up.

One of the people that responded said they also got a bottle in North GA for $89. They even posted a pic of the receipt so there are deals to be had I guess. 

Dont know how many bottles are available but guess they are starting to show up at more places. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Grim_Tactics said:

I posted on a different board when I got it because I generally do my research on things like this because so many specialty bottlings are just high priced average stuff, I thought I mightve screwed up.

One of the people that responded said they also got a bottle in North GA for $89. They even posted a pic of the receipt so there are deals to be had I guess. 

Dont know how many bottles are available but guess they are starting to show up at more places. 

Probably stores that haven't updated the price since the 9 year, MSRP on these is basically $10 a year.

I was at the Bourbon Heritage Center today.  The ladies behind the counter said they will have the 13 yr BiB in June.

On the bright side they let me have two bottles of the new 12 yr barrel strength.  ?

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

I was at the Bourbon Heritage Center today.  The ladies behind the counter said they will have the 13 yr BiB in June.
On the bright side they let me have two bottles of the new 12 yr barrel strength.  [emoji1634]

What new 12 yr barrel strength are you talking about...ECBP, maybe?

3 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

What new 12 yr barrel strength are you talking about...ECBP, maybe?

It's William Heaven Hill.

I was there last week and passed on it since ECBP is 12yrs old.

• I like it 1

It's William Heaven Hill.
I was there last week and passed on it since ECBP is 12yrs old.

So, I’m assuming this is not the WHH wheater that came out for a select group the last week in April, but wasn’t available in the gift shop...at least it wasn’t available while we there for the Sampler. Yeah, I’d probably pass on a 12yo that is likely very similar to ECBP, but at a higher price.

Just now, lcpfratn said:

So, I’m assuming this is not the WHH wheater that came out for a select group the last week in April, but wasn’t available in the gift shop...at least it wasn’t available while we there for the Sampler. Yeah, I’d probably pass on a 12yo that is likely very similar to ECBP, but at a higher price.

The wheater you are referring to was HH Select Stock and was 18yrs old. I tried that last week and it's just OK which is unfortunate. It's a blend of 2 barrels that were aged on the first floor of the old Schenley warehouses. I had the privilege of trying one of these barrels, right out of the barrel, when it was 16yrs old. It was 99 proof at cask strength and seriously one of the best bourbons I've ever had.

I had high hopes for the 18yr but it fell short - too much oak.

• I like it 1

The wheater you are referring to was HH Select Stock and was 18yrs old. I tried that last week and it's just OK which is unfortunate. It's a blend of 2 barrels that were aged on the first floor of the old Schenley warehouses. I had the privilege of trying one of these barrels, right out of the barrel, when it was 16yrs old. It was 99 proof at cask strength and seriously one of the best bourbons I've ever had.
I had high hopes for the 18yr but it fell short - too much oak.

I just did the old hand slap to the forehead...of course it was HH Select Stock, duh! I thought it was older too, but couldn’t remember the age either. CRS disease is my only defense. [emoji6]
  • I like it 3

Just cracked one open the other night . . . Overall I thought it was very good.  Lemon notes on the nose and big earthy brown sugar notes on the palate. Long and mostly composed finish with a bit of heat. Unique profile.  

IMG_20190516_212838.jpg

• I like it 3

On 5/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Justin said:

Just cracked one open the other night . . . Overall I thought it was very good.  Lemon notes on the nose and big earthy brown sugar notes on the palate. Long and mostly composed finish with a bit of heat. Unique profile.  

IMG_20190516_212838.jpg

Just picked up one (1) of these bottles today - $129.99 OTD.  Looks like they've already hit New England (Massachusetts, at least!).   ?

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Just picked up one (1) of these bottles today - $129.99 OTD.  Looks like they've already hit New England (Massachusetts, at least!).   ?

Hey brother, any tips on where to get one?

I am getting more next week, if you want one.  Just let me know.  ?

26 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

I am getting more next week, if you want one.  Just let me know.  ?

And..............PM box.......FULL!

:)

Yeah I wanted one of these but VA keeps fucking around with its distribution

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.