Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond

Whiskey Lullaby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, 0895 said:

And..............PM box.......FULL!

:)

Not anymore!

On 5/17/2019 at 1:18 AM, flahute said:

It's William Heaven Hill.

I was there last week and passed on it since ECBP is 12yrs old.

The had a few bottles of the Heavenhill at the Heritage Center back in early April

,with a one-bottle limit.

They even gave us a pour at the "Connoisseur" tasting.

It was really,  really good, but I couldn't get past the $250.00 price tag.  That's okay...my  buddy bought one, so I'll drink his?

20190411_105721.jpg

20190411_105714.jpg

• I like it 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

The had a few bottles of the Heavenhill at the Heritage Center back in early April

,with a one-bottle limit.

They even gave us a pour at the "Connoisseur" tasting.

It was really,  really good, but I couldn't get past the $250.00 price tag.  That's okay...my  buddy bought one, so I'll drink his?

16-years is a long time in oak. 

My experience is that's pushing it a little; not to say this bottling is over-oaked; but the 14-year I had from a couple years ago was about right up to the line IMO.   

I assume you aren't finding it too oaky, eh...Skinsfan1311?

13 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

16-years is a long time in oak. 

My experience is that's pushing it a little; not to say this bottling is over-oaked; but the 14-year I had from a couple years ago was about right up to the line IMO.   

I assume you aren't finding it too oaky, eh...Skinsfan1311?

I agree, and that was my initial thought when he poured it.

I was expecting, (dreading),  an oak bomb and was pleasantly surprised. There was oak, but it wasn't over the top. We drank a lot of bourbon on this trip and the 16 year was one of the better ones.

I'm too much of a cheap bastard to pay $250.00, but my buddy didn't hesitate.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does the 13yr come recommended by the community?  I got a call from my local that I had one If I wanted at $139.99. It’s awfully steep so wanted to see the consensus.

23 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Does the 13yr come recommended by the community?  I got a call from my local that I had one If I wanted at $139.99. It’s awfully steep so wanted to see the consensus.

I picked up a bottle yesterday. I enjoy collecting the expressions. It is a very good bourbon showing nice butterscotch and vanilla notes with a nice spicy finish. As a collectors item, it is worth the price to me. I would not say the juice alone is worth the price. 

• I like it 1

On 6/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

I agree, and that was my initial thought when he poured it.

I was expecting, (dreading),  an oak bomb and was pleasantly surprised. There was oak, but it wasn't over the top. We drank a lot of bourbon on this trip and the 16 year was one of the better ones.

I'm too much of a cheap bastard to pay $250.00, but my buddy didn't hesitate.

Was it four times better than ECBP?  Or even 10% better? 

10 hours ago, fosmith said:

Was it four times better than ECBP?  Or even 10% better? 

Absolutely.

I'm a big fan of the ECBP, but the William Heavenhill,  IMHO, is much better.  

We were fortunate enough to do a SBS tasting, at Heaven Hill, that had both in the lineup.

20190411_105828.jpg

• I like it 1

Pa Fine Wine and Spirits sold out of their allocation via an email blast in less than 6 minutes.   Bottles were already gone 6 minutes after email release when I checked.   My buddy said that there were more than 300 hundred in inventory when he bought his shortly after the email went out.   I admire the everyone gets a chance mentality, but clearly had to be in front of your computer when the blast went out.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

Pa Fine Wine and Spirits sold out of their allocation via an email blast in less than 6 minutes.   Bottles were already gone 6 minutes after email release when I checked.   My buddy said that there were more than 300 hundred in inventory when he bought his shortly after the email went out.   I admire the everyone gets a chance mentality, but clearly had to be in front of your computer when the blast went out.

Amen.  I didn't see mine until 45 minutes later and by then it was too late...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.