Flasks

Jason Robinovitz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been searching for a really cool flask for quite some time, the only one that I can say I love is the Snow Peak titanium, does anyone have any experience with it? 

20 hours ago, Jason Robinovitz said:

I've been searching for a really cool flask for quite some time, the only one that I can say I love is the Snow Peak titanium, does anyone have any experience with it? 

Yup.  I have a T-012 which holds 4.7 fl oz.  I've filled it exclusively with WT 101 - just put WT in first as it was on hand and decided to just top it off rather than change.  Never had a leak and have never noticed a metallic taste in, I think, two years' use.  It gets use mostly during casual fishing.  It is pricy, though I feel "safe" keeping WT in it most of the time instead of emptying regularly because it is made in Japan rather than in China.  But, that's just my aversion to food-related stuff from China; I've been there and seen some of their food-related manufacturing processes.

I've got a couple of the Snow Peak flasks and the conventional rectangular one has become my go-to travel flask due to its sleek, lightweight construction. The round one mostly gets used by my wife. Best Made Co. and Sir Jack also have some neat offerings-- I have a weak spot for interesting flasks. You won't be disappointed in the build quality of the Snow Peak units-- really well done.

IMG_8727.thumb.JPG.5ed18960cf7eccf4e3714ec36f54832c.JPG

IMG_8726.thumb.JPG.39c939cfd0b50afedabca8dc38fa1a2e.JPG

IMG_8728.thumb.JPG.847f32cdd118d256bf4db3e91109c900.JPG

IMG_8729.thumb.JPG.08d52357b7a3425a44a90f7101ad04da.JPG

• I like it 1

I take an easy route. Fill, Seal with old Seal-a-Meal, tear open on location. They come in 3 (whiskey) and 6 (wine) ounce sizes. Great for concerts that use metal detectors.

28277058_10156867942836037_4800624823743926035_n.jpg

Cool collection Marek,

I keep several empty glass bottles from maple syrup.  They look just like glass flasks from antique glass book; perfect size and shape.  I suppose a person could just save a glass 200ml or 375ml from spirits and re-use it.

My brother bought a Camel cigarette flask on Ebay.  It's pewter from Sheffield England.  He asked how long is it OK to store whiskey in there?  I don't know.  

• 6 months later...

Being a good customer helps sometimes. Earlier this summer I was gifted a wine display barrel by a liquor store manager. Yesterday, the same store manager gave me a flask. I know it's not as cool as a barrel, and not a bourbon related item, but I ain't complainin'. ;)

Biba! Joe

r1.jpeg

rum2.jpeg

My buddy bought me this a few years back, needless to say, it's my favorite flask 60% of the time, all the time.

scotch.jpg

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

My buddy bought me this a few years back, needless to say, it's my favorite flask 60% of the time, all the time.

scotch.jpg

Huh?  Emphasis is mine, thus my inability to understand....

7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Huh?  Emphasis is mine, thus my inability to understand....

You lost me completely...

Just now, PhantomLamb said:

You lost me completely...

60% of the time?   All the time?   Two entirely different things, no?

On 10/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, Richnimrod said:

60% of the time?   All the time?   Two entirely different things, no?

Anchorman quote...sorry to confuse.

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Anchorman quote...sorry to confuse.

Ahhh, OK.    Never saw the fick, so I missed the reference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.