Old Forester President’s Choice

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Yeah, but only after they did bad with the first two in that series.

So is it Chris Morris selecting this? Anyone raving about Woodford Reserve's limited editions lately? And by lately, I'll generously give you 5 years...

:) ha this is a great statement...

7 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Nope. In fact, almost never. Now that Parker Beam has passed and Jim Rutledge is (we can only hope) planning his next move, I can't think of any other Master Distiller whose name on the tasting panel has reasonably assured a special whiskey.

I'm optimistic about Elliot with the deliciousness of my Elliott's select and al young

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Nope. In fact, almost never. Now that Parker Beam has passed and Jim Rutledge is (we can only hope) planning his next move, I can't think of any other Master Distiller whose name on the tasting panel has reasonably assured a special whiskey.

I'm cool with Jimmy and Eddie.

• I like it 1

Everyone says great things about Jimmy and Eddie. Great picking hosts by the sounds of things. 

I don't see their names on a lot of picks though, which is what we're discussing. I really liked Master's Keep 17.

10 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Everyone says great things about Jimmy and Eddie. Great picking hosts by the sounds of things. 

I don't see their names on a lot of picks though, which is what we're discussing. I really liked Master's Keep 17.

Just as Jim used to approve all the barrels in the single barrel program, Eddie is approving the barrels that go into the their private barrel program. What they don't have is that signature annual release that their name is on and for which they are recognized for assuring the taste and profile of. It's one of my few criticisms of Turkey that their limited editions tend to be hit or miss because they have the whiskey to do something annually that people will look forward to.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, flahute said:

I'm cool with Jimmy and Eddie.

Yep. 

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Just as Jim used to approve all the barrels in the single barrel program, Eddie is approving the barrels that go into the their private barrel program. What they don't have is that signature annual release that their name is on and for which they are recognized for assuring the taste and profile of. It's one of my few criticisms of Turkey that their limited editions tend to be hit or miss because they have the whiskey to do something annually that people will look forward to.

Hell, the could bring back 101/12 once a year w/ a limited release and I’d be happy. Well, as long as I got a couple. 

Bonus points for a gold foil label. 

19 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

So is it Chris Morris selecting this? Anyone raving about Woodford Reserve's limited editions lately? And by lately, I'll generously give you 5 years...

Their flagship Old Forester brand has been turned into well liquor over the past few years too.

Other distilleries don't have to cannibalize the flagship brand to release some limited stuff.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, The Black Tot said:

I've enjoyed all of the Woodford Double Double Oaked releases.  While not a part of the distiller's series, I'd count it as a limited edition.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.