Indiana legalizes Sunday alcohol sales for the first time since Prohibition

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've read theories this is actually bad thing for liquor stores because it doesn't translate to increased sales, just moving sales from Saturday or Monday to Sunday, but keeping the lights on the extra day obviously costs money so bottom lines are actually hurt.

4 hours ago, dcbt said:

I've read theories this is actually bad thing for liquor stores because it doesn't translate to increased sales, just moving sales from Saturday or Monday to Sunday, but keeping the lights on the extra day obviously costs money so bottom lines are actually hurt.

Pretty much exactly what my friend who owns a store here in Atlanta said when Sunday sales started. But it is hard to stay closed because the concern is you might lose customers by not being open and they start going elsewhere. Don't want to give them any motivation to check out the competition and have them start thinking they other store is more convenient. 

I think it's great.  I didn't buy anything this past Sunday, but I like the option.

Some politicians talk about too much government regulations telling business what to do.  The no store sales on Sunday always seemed silly to me.  Given bars and restaurants were able to serve alcohol on Sunday.  It also seemed unconstitutional to me; as in establishing a state religion.  Seriously why single out Sunday?  Because a subset of Christians say so?

Yeah Sunday sales!

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

I think it's great.  I didn't buy anything this past Sunday, but I like the option.

Some politicians talk about too much government regulations telling business what to do.  The no store sales on Sunday always seemed silly to me.  Given bars and restaurants were able to serve alcohol on Sunday.  It also seemed unconstitutional to me; as in establishing a state religion.  Seriously why single out Sunday?  Because a subset of Christians say so?

Yeah Sunday sales!

Well, I hope some of you Indy Contingent folks took advantage! Since we moved to AZ, I try to make my purchases on Sunday just because I can after living under the Hoosier Restriction for so many years!

I'm guessing the Sunday drive home from Bardstown to northern IL just got a bit longer...........

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.