Pearse Lyons, who built a $3 billion company and brought the world to Kentucky, dies.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I heard about this yesterday from a customer of mine whose husband (Dan) works for Alltech. He absolutely loved Pearce and considered him a father figure, having nothing but praise for the man. When Town Branch Bourbon first came out, it was kind of amusing because even though Dan sells animal feed products for Alltech, he had to keep a case of the bourbon in his truck to give bottles to customers. Much better than a business card, a brochure and a line of BS! Since my customer is well aware of my love for whiskey (I give her a bottle of Angel's Envy for Christmas every year), I got a bottle as well. From what I've heard, he was one helluva man.

• I like it 1

Yes indeed a remarkable man.   We have been fortunate to visit his Town Branch distillery and brewery in Lexington on two different occasions. We think the tour was one of the best we’ve ever been on. Very informative and just the right pace.  Also found a unique coffee liquor there called Bluegrass Sundown. Picked up another 6 bottles on our recent trip.  Later tonight we shall toast to Mr Lyons and to his legacy.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.