My Bourbon Pursuit & Bourbonr Buffalo Trace barrel pick video is done!

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finished the short film I made of the Bourbon Pursuit podcast & Bourbonr.com Buffalo Trace barrel pick. The guys that do the Community Roundtable episodes of the Bourbon Pursuit podcast got together for a day back in January  picked a couple barrels for themselves. Check it out!

• I like it 9

Fantastic video..looks like a blast. Would love to get a taste of BT at barrel proof.

• I like it 1

It's funny how after a couple tastes you guys go from Clark Kent, Professional Bourbon taster, to Superman, Frat Guy tasters...

This was very enjoyable & fun to watch. Thanks for taking the time. I felt like I was there, all in, except for the euphoria part...

Really enjoyed the video!  Great production quality. 

You gents made all that hard work look like fun! 

Poking around in the Rickhouse while waiting for a blind tasting looks like a good time. 

Most importantly, how do I score a bottle from each barrel?  :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Guss West said:

Really enjoyed the video!  Great production quality. 

You gents made all that hard work look like fun! 

Poking around in the Rickhouse while waiting for a blind tasting looks like a good time. 

Most importantly, how do I score a bottle from each barrel?  :ph34r:

Im hoping to get a bottle myself when they come in. I believe they are making them available to people that support the BP podcast. Im not sure how Blake at Bourbonr is doing his barrel.

Its a shame BT wont bottle it at barrel strength. It was really good that way. At 8.5 years, its not too oaky.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Dango said:

Pretty cool, you guys are looking pretty happy there at the end. BT is a tasty bourbon.

They were all feeling good by the end. I, on the hand, didnt get to try multiple tastes of each barrel because I was busy shooting (so I stuck to the barrel proof samples), tho I did try the last 2 again when they did the blind test.

• I like it 1

All work and no play makes Homer something something...

Was wondering how similar the barrel proof BT was to the Stagg Jr.

Same mashbill and similar age, no?

I'm with you on the Buffalo Trace straight from the thief! I would stack barrel proof buffalo trace high and deep here on the Wharf. 

17 minutes ago, Guss West said:

All work and no play makes Homer something something...

Was wondering how similar the barrel proof BT was to the Stagg Jr.

Same mashbill and similar age, no?

I'm with you on the Buffalo Trace straight from the thief! I would stack barrel proof buffalo trace high and deep here on the Wharf. 

I found the BT to be sweeter than SJ. I would think the age is close. SJ is not a sb, so I would think there are BT barrels that are similar to the SJ profile.

Yeah..barrel proof SB BT!! Wish they would bottle that.  I guess CEHT BP is close...but around here that might as well be Pappy.

Cool video. That's a bucket list trip.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:32 PM, flahute said:

I spy Sippn'Corn in the back row there.

I snuck in through the side door. 

• I like it 3

42 minutes ago, Sipp'n Corn said:

I snuck in through the side door. 

Wha?!?! Your first post! Welcome to the best bourbon forum on the net. 

Will I be seeing you in a few weeks?

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Wha?!?! Your first post! Welcome to the best bourbon forum on the net. 

Will I be seeing you in a few weeks?

Had an account since 2014 and YOU'RE the first to get me to post.  I'm still working on my availability for our picks--apparently the thing to do is college visits during spring break.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Sipp'n Corn said:

Had an account since 2014 and YOU'RE the first to get me to post.  I'm still working on my availability for our picks--apparently the thing to do is college visits during spring break.

Damn lurkers! ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.