What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just opened these two up.  Few Bourbon 93proof.  Old Bardstown Straight Bourbon 90 proof.  I am definitely enjoying the Bardstown.  I'm unsure about the Few Bourbon.  I generally like Few's Rye, but my first two impressions (single glass, 2 different nights) are that it's not yet ready for primetime.  The Bardstown is fun.  Woody, cherries, sweetish.  Smells friggin great.  

IMG_1259.jpg

Sitting here at the KFC Yum watching it snow on the Ohio while enjoying a Rittenhouse Rye, waiting for the Louisville Mississippi State game to start.c29e91628b4c10dddcbf2a8486309f3f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

Tried rye, but it didn't taste right.

Switched to Weller and it's "just right".

:)

IMAG3171.jpg

Wow...YOU picking Weller over rye? :P

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Sitting here at the KFC Yum watching it snow on the Ohio while enjoying a Rittenhouse Rye, waiting for the Louisville Mississippi State game to start.c29e91628b4c10dddcbf2a8486309f3f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I love Rittenhouse and a stay at the Galt House started my bourbon (& rye) journey. 

Was traveling and finally scored one of these.  Haven't gotten one since the old bottle design.  Been enjoying it...not all in one night of course.  Had a little this evening.

MVIMG_20180320_230611.jpg

• I like it 4

For some damn reason, I’m actually watching the American Cornhole League Johnsonville Sausage Cornhole Championships on ESPN2, with a Fighting Cock 6 yr.  Cornhole on TV is kinda like watching ESPN 40 years ago when they resorted to Sumo and Rodeo for content...:lol:  

• I like it 7

Enjoying a few pours of HH6 BIB tonight. If only I could buy this in NY... Closest I can get is EW BIB. Must do a blind SBS comparison

Sample of smooth ambler old scout 7. 99 proof, batch 67. 

CB7E2B10-619B-4CC8-AEA2-7C24F5AA4F50.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 2

Sweet 16 basketball on the boob tube and the last pour of a 1.75 in my glass.  Prior to this bottle I hadn’t had the OWA. It quickly became one of my favorite pours.  RIP, big fella.

D1A6E661-213C-4401-9C75-949D9D88B055.jpeg

• I like it 6

Double pour of '17 ORVW to start up the 1st games of the evening.  Moving on to '17 GTS for the second set of games. 

Go Cats!

• I like it 1

i just made a real observation that buffalo trace entry level 40% is shit and im so glad i never paid for it
Still disappointing aftrr reading so many people say it was a nice dram

It reminds me to never buy a bourbon lower than 50% for sure

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, Herbalthought said:

You'll be doing yourself a disservice with this action, IMO.

• I like it 6

4R 2017. Second time having this. Same place, and they still charge $8.5 for 2oz. I guess they think it's the small batch. I don't know why they still have it.

Anyways, it's good. I passed this many times, because I don't particularly likr 4R, and it's making me have second thoughts.

• I like it 2

OBSV. 120.6 pf, 9 yrs 10 mos. 

Second taste of this one and I’m getting nice vanilla along with the oak and rye spice. A little bit of water is doing nice things. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

For some damn reason, I’m actually watching the American Cornhole League Johnsonville Sausage Cornhole Championships on ESPN2, with a Fighting Cock 6 yr.  

Having cornhole, sausage and Fighting Cock all in one sentence sounds kinda naughty Joe :D

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Herbalthought said:

i just made a real observation that buffalo trace entry level 40% is shit and im so glad i never paid for it
Still disappointing aftrr reading so many people say it was a nice dram

If you find a store pick of this bourbon you will thank yourself if you give it a second chance. Can be unbelievably tasty...mine was...and then I went and bought a non store pick BT and pretty much felt like you do now.

Drinking some Smooth Ambler that our bourbon club picked about a year ago.

MyDrink.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.