What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, elmossle said:

Today was a day that I felt very lucky to land what I did and my wallet and credit card are still screaming from being used so much! Here is the rundown: ECBP B518, ETL, RHF, CEHT 4 Grain, KC CS Rye, Blanton's; the following Loch and K(e)y selections at Julio's Liquor, BT SB, FR PS OBSV, WTRR.

9 bottles to add to the collection. I don't think I have added this many at one time since my last case purchase of HH6yrBIB. Very happy at the haul today, but also very lucky to find this many great bourbons in one day. Wishing everyone a successful hunt tomorrow and this weekend. Cheers.

And I thought I was lucky - that's what I get for going to California for a couple of days to see my 95yr old Mum.  Does SWMBO know about your haul???  J/K.

BTW, my detour to K&L Wines in SOMA (South of Market in San Francisco) on Wednesday was a waste of time for bourbon - or maybe I didn't find the right guy to ask for the "good stuff"? 

34 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Picked up the WT RR 2002 for $235 and a nice dispenser for it

5EE48F44-D6B4-4F67-B823-247EE2ECD517.jpeg

All class! Haha, love it. 

Just got back from Kentucky, brought back WT Kentucky Spirit, Old Bardstown, OF 1920, and Rowan's Creek.  Excited to try them all!

3 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Picked up the WT RR 2002 for $235 and a nice dispenser for it

5EE48F44-D6B4-4F67-B823-247EE2ECD517.jpeg

???? Yeah, don’t put your daily pour in there. That’s an LE only dispenser! HAHA 

20 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Grabbed up a Col. EH Taylor 4-Grain, Rock Hill Farms, & Stagg Jr.    Not a bad day's haul.

AND, Grabbed a Peerless Rye BP ....for my baby Boy, mainly.

Schweet!!  Can't wait to try that (and the CETH 4 Grain, if that lasts long enough for me to sample!)

19 hours ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Got this yesterday. Oddly enough, it is my FIRST 1792 - including all 'bills. 

GgEIhr0.jpg

Im working my way thru one of these & love it. It might be my favorite wheater, including other infamous choices.

• I like it 2

Bought the MK 17. WT101 from ‘00 and the Elixir M came in a trade. Pretty good day for a ‘Turkey man. 

85EEEBE8-F94A-4682-A060-9ADBC71479DE.jpeg

• I like it 5

14 hours ago, GaryT said:

Schweet!!  Can't wait to try that (and the CETH 4 Grain, if that lasts long enough for me to sample!)

I still have a fair amount of last year's EHT 4-G, and expect to do a SBS between that and the new release sometime soon. 

Some folx think it may be exactly the same (tanked for later release at the same time it was dumped for last year's); some think it may be aged an additional year. 

If my taste buddies are working properly, I may form an opinion on that score.    I'll let ya' know.   

I'll definitely save some of both for you to do the same.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:24 AM, GeeTen said:

BTW, my detour to K&L Wines in SOMA (South of Market in San Francisco) on Wednesday was a waste of time for bourbon - or maybe I didn't find the right guy to ask for the "good stuff"? 

They get a lot of allocated and interesting bourbons but the store is not worth a visit, IMO.  Because of their strong online sales, the "good stuff" sells out quickly, sometimes within minutes of being posted in their inventory, and never hits the shelves. 

As a Mets fan all I can say is this is seriously under-proofed for pairing with Mets games. 

y4mCmlnG3oPQM0pl24qAZBZpjlgkSCHgWxoihLFf

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.