What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went into one of my favorite small stores, one town over from my house. They are usually very well priced and they seem to be infinitely stocked with Weller SR at $20. I walked in and saw all 5 BTAC bottles sitting on the shelf where I could pick them up and look at them, right next to other bottles like they weren’t special at all- except, Stagg was $599, WLW was $699, Handy was $799, and Saz and Eagle were $899. Why on earth would a store expect 900 for a bottle but keep it on the shelf next to a jack Daniels? Needless to say a I passed and I was a bit disappointed because this store has always done right by me. Only thing I can figure is they got these bottles for nearly that much and figured that’s just how much they’re worth.

Passed this guy up today. I thought about it, but my Dave Ramsey budget would not have been pleased (especially since I already grabbed a 1.75L today)

IMG951346.jpg

5 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Passed this guy up today. I thought about it, but my Dave Ramsey budget would not have been pleased (especially since I already grabbed a 1.75L today)

IMG951346.jpg

I like the 1792 BiB, but I'll freely admit that VOB BiB is money better spent.

And you could get 2 of them with change leftover, comparatively.

5 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

IMG951346.jpg

Ohhhh, gotta respectfully disagree there, woulda been all over that.   But budgets "should" get respect, which is prob why mine hates me so...

51 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I like the 1792 BiB, but I'll freely admit that VOB BiB is money better spent.

And you could get 2 of them with change leftover, comparatively.

Lots of markets that don't get Barton BIB got 1792 BIB so while I agree on principal, since I can't get Barton BIB without crossing a few state lines I have bought a couple 1792 BIB and enjoyed them while I tried not to think about it ;), as always the bourbon helped. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.