What Water of Life Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2018

BigRich
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oh the self control tanked today. I went to the LS for a Redbreast Cask Strength refill but a Yellow Spot, Springbank 12CS, and Talisker 18 all ended up in the box too. I don’t know what happened. I blinked and they were in my truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 3

You have good taste! I wish I could find more redbreast cask strength, but no ls around me has any. But I'm enjoying what I have now. I'm hoping to get more in the states. 7812f571383e63d90dc9278c9fa42deb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

This came home with me today..$89.99+tax. There was a 2nd bottle I left behind and a bottle of Auriverdes for a very reasonable price.  My wife actually pointed them out. They were on the counter with a wine tasting they had going on.  Said he had them upstairs in the office for a while and just decided to put them out.

20180325_161407-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 2

This came home with me today..$89.99+tax. There was a 2nd bottle I left behind and a bottle of Auriverdes for a very reasonable price.  My wife actually pointed them out. They were on the counter with a wine tasting they had going on.  Said he had them upstairs in the office for a while and just decided to put them out.
20180325_161407-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.2e801c7c29bde18c93d14f85f2b972b1.jpg

Have you had that particular Ardbeg before?

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

Have you had that particular Ardbeg before?

I had some when it first came out. I remember it being at least the equal of Oogie. Its sherry influence is different than Oogie's.

I had some when it first came out. I remember it being at least the equal of Oogie. Its sherry influence is different than Oogie's.

Just checking. I found it pretty....different than other Ardbeg. Suffice to say, I’m glad my bottle is gone. I’ve also known many that liked it so it’s probably just me. I never really took to new Ardbeg. I guess I still have nostalgic longing for the old stuff.

My Ardbeg experience starts around that time so I don't have that longing.  The new Twenty Something should be right up your alley.  But that's an awfully expensive alley. 

My Ardbeg experience starts around that time so I don't have that longing.  The new Twenty Something should be right up your alley.  But that's an awfully expensive alley. 

Yeah, I’m not to keen to jump on that price point for a maybe. ????

• I like it 1

Local super store is running a coupon this week where you buy $50 in food, and you get a $10 gc back.  Big signs in their spirit aisle it is included.  So a Laphroiag 10 came home for a net $36.  

29570333_10213029177217458_6248320864018000848_n.jpg

• I like it 1

Did a little dusty shopping today and these two seemed to fit the bill (one more so than the other):

y4mphGP2Gxh2PbQXV0lIvCe0q60Eb8pjnaguj87B

Also grabbed a few things on the sale shelf at the super market:

y4mgtIHG2MYrAVhYZ04yOLrcQH3tGfZKzmp2WH7z

• I like it 2

can never get enough black bull... the 12 year is probably my favorite value blend.

38 minutes ago, Auracom said:

can never get enough black bull... the 12 year is probably my favorite value blend.

Terrific isn't it!?

Tempted to try the 21 but this hits the spot just fine. 

Well some more Black Bull arrived, 10 year finished in rum casks. Curious about this one...

20180417_115207.jpg

• I like it 3

The Darkside got me again today. Stopped into a Binny's and found these on the close-out "End of Bin" rack. From left to right, $49.97, $69.97, $49.97. I already have open bottles of the first two and love them both, so these will be backups. The third one was because I'm a Pultney fan and for the price, why not? Added bonus.......Binny's had a $10 off coupon for today only. There were a few more of the Strathisla on the shelf, and if they're still there in a few weeks I may have grab 'em.

20180421_125941.jpg

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Hoping Grooves isn't a letdown, 

y4m9qWMSgqlU9vNPxX-RW_cMFHrwqcSpNIoDiYrP

I think you'll like the Grooves-- it's different enough from the core Ardbeg expressions to justify its existence.

I've never seen the Diageo 200mL single malt sets on the shelf-- was that a mail order buy?

• I like it 1

A birthday gift to myself-- I've been mulling over this bottle for a while.

IMG_9051.thumb.jpg.bdd30221486d7af3525cf05ef21d0f05.jpg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

I think you'll like the Grooves-- it's different enough from the core Ardbeg expressions to justify its existence.

I've never seen the Diageo 200mL single malt sets on the shelf-- was that a mail order buy?

It was a semi dusty sitting next to a 2006 bottled Arran 10ish years ago Diageo had a bunch of these themed sets on the shelf around here for $40-$50.

• I like it 1

On 4/21/2018 at 5:29 PM, Vosgar said:

The Darkside got me again today. Stopped into a Binny's and found these on the close-out "End of Bin" rack. From left to right, $49.97, $69.97, $49.97. I already have open bottles of the first two and love them both, so these will be backups. The third one was because I'm a Pultney fan and for the price, why not? Added bonus.......Binny's had a $10 off coupon for today only.

Bought the Pulteney on Saturday myself. My local didn't have it in 'End of Bin' but after current sale ($64.99) + $10 off, I paid just about $60 on the nose.

Kilkerran 12.  Walked by it a dozen times.  Only two left on the shelf - will try this weekend and grab the second if I like it.

• I like it 1

Been looking for this one for a while-- found it in a dusty Connecticut bottle shop last night.

IMG_9068.thumb.jpg.d990bc9b05b791bb36d1b41b758ce03d.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.