Sign in to follow this  
Postal Grunt

Peerless Rye

wadewood
On 12/1/2018 at 10:50 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Stopped by a local chain store today in a different area of Indy and saw Peerless Rye on sale for $59.99.  Interestingly, they had one in their glass case for $129.99 which was the original price when they first got it.  They have since lowered the regular price to $99.99.  Now, it is on sale for $59.99.  They had several cases on an end display.  I noticed the sale started in October and doesn't end until January.  It appears they are trying to move this stuff.  I was at my local store in this chain recently and I don't recall having seen it at the sale price, even though it has apparently been on sale for almost 2 months.

I saw a picture of store display with it for $69 on internet.  Fancy display sign so guessing it came from Peerless.  My guess is they are dumping it in certain markets as they release the 3 year version.  In Texas this was $129, bet those folks that bought at that price are feeling pretty foolish.

47377840_2467486786601153_911137171082051584_n.jpg

mbroo5880i
11 hours ago, wadewood said:

I saw a picture of store display with it for $69 on internet.  Fancy display sign so guessing it came from Peerless.  My guess is they are dumping it in certain markets as they release the 3 year version.  In Texas this was $129, bet those folks that bought at that price are feeling pretty foolish.

47377840_2467486786601153_911137171082051584_n.jpg

Looks like the same display and arrangement.  I stopped in at another store in the same chain today and they didn't even have a shelf spot for it.  

It is good for what it is but not worth anywhere near the price.  I might be a buyer when the price drops to $29.99.  Of course, I said the same thing with Woodford's Master Collection Rye Two Bottle release.  

• I like it 1

EarthQuake

They can't move 2 year old rye at $130 a bottle? What a shocking development.

I might consider this at $70. But that still seems about 2x too much. At $50 I would probably pull the trigger just to satisfy my curiosity.

• I like it 1

GaryT

I tried this and will admit I was impressed with it; absolutely the best 2 yr whiskey I've ever tried (reminded more of a 5 yr MGP rye to be honest).  And I'd happily pay what I used to pay for 5 yr MGP rye before - around $40.  The fact that it is only 2 yrs doesn't bug me that much; it's about how much do I enjoy it and value that enjoyment.  As an interesting and tasty pour, for me that'd be $40.  So only one more 50% off away from that :)  Although to be honest . . . if I hadn't had a chance to try this before . . . I'd be a sucker for the half-off thing and probably blow $70 on it.  

• I like it 1

JoeTerp

This discounting has even reached VA ABC as it’s now $100 (and down from $130). VA ABC usually only puts clearance items on sale for more than 10%, so this is pretty rare.