What bottle(s) did you open today -Spring 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

38 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I opened a standard KC, my first of the new NAS variety.  Has that classic KC flavor profile but I can taste the "young-ness" in it.  Granted within the Knob Creek line, I've been drinking the single barrel exclusively the past few years so I'm spoiled.  As long as the single barrel version keeps its 9 year age statement at only $10 more, I don't plan on buying another one of these.  But I'd still grab a 9 yr version of the 100 proofer when I see them.

Thanks for this.

This justifies my decision to buy 12 of the age stated KC's (and a handle) while they were still available.

30 minutes ago, flahute said:

Thanks for this.

This justifies my decision to buy 12 of the age stated KC's (and a handle) while they were still available.

Good call.  I think I picked up 1 or 2 of those bottles myself.  Thought about loading up with a case but decided against it just because the SiB is still available with the age statement.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

I opened a standard KC, my first of the new NAS variety.  Has that classic KC flavor profile but I can taste the "young-ness" in it.  Granted within the Knob Creek line, I've been drinking the single barrel exclusively the past few years so I'm spoiled.  As long as the single barrel version keeps its 9 year age statement at only $10 more, I don't plan on buying another one of these.  But I'd still grab a 9 yr version of the 100 proofer when I see them.

Hmm...2 LSs in my area have AS KC still on the shelves. I’ve been contemplating buying for a while but other things have tempted me more. 1 store has handles of it for $64. The only problem is they’re close to a big window. The 1 in the front has a faded label so they may be off now due to too much sun. I may need to reconsider. 

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Hmm...2 LSs in my area have AS KC still on the shelves. I’ve been contemplating buying for a while but other things have tempted me more. 1 store has handles of it for $64. The only problem is they’re close to a big window. The 1 in the front has a faded label so they may be off now due to too much sun. I may need to reconsider. 

Skip those handles that's a lot of bourbon which might be undrinkable, I have bought a few bottles that were faded from being light struck one was a mid-90's distilled early 2000's bottled Booker's batch that made me very very sad but I couldn't stop myself from giving it a go, I should have. 

52 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Skip those handles that's a lot of bourbon which might be undrinkable, I have bought a few bottles that were faded from being light struck one was a mid-90's distilled early 2000's bottled Booker's batch that made me very very sad but I couldn't stop myself from giving it a go, I should have. 

If I did try I would get a bottle between the front and back bottles. It has some shading form the other bottles. The label on it was crisp.

I haven't tried a NAS KC in several months but the ones bottled after the label switch seemed fine.  However, as we all suspected, removal of the AS would potentially lead to younger spirits in the bottle.  I continue to show preference to the 9-year because I know what is in the bottle.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Well.... Not 'today'; but over the last couple weex, I opened a couple of the 1792b bottles I bought from a friend at the GN.    Both were Old Scout Picks. 

One was Barbie Doll (9-year, 109-pr).    The other was "New Hope" (10-year, 119.8-pr).     The BD was nice but not extra special to my tastes buddies.     The NH, on the other hand was VERY SPECIAL nice stuff!

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I haven't tried a NAS KC in several months but the ones bottled after the label switch seemed fine.

My NAS is fine.  But it doesn't quite taste 9 yrs old.  Still good though.  Not in the same league as the single barrel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.