What bottle(s) did you open today -Spring 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cracked open a 1792 High Rye (found in AR of all places) and a 1792 225th Anniversary (scored on the Pilgrimage to Louisville last week).  Really enjoying both - no wonder Barton is in the top 5 of my favorite distilleries...

Banker's Club! 3 year, 80 proof! I used it for making some Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ sauce. Worked great. It's actually not bad for the price drinking neat too, and honestly better than most craft garbage I've tried. Hard to beat $9 a liter, and no guilt using the good stuff for cooking.

Eagle Rare 10, PS.  This a new bottle to me.  I have had several ER10 bottles, some good, some not.  Great thing about Single Barrel, it is a surprise every time.

Cheers

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Eagle Rare 10, PS.  This a new bottle to me.  I have had several ER10 bottles, some good, some not.  Great thing about Single Barrel, it is a surprise every time.

Cheers

Variety is the spice of life.  I get the same results from EWSB. Enjoy!

From my favorite store for picks which I would have never shopped at had it not been for a tip from @jeffrey r this is a fantastic pour. 

y4mwK03v7ycB7AyVW6Tn1dc7n5wOM7u2V_WwpWi1

• I like it 2

On 5/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, kevinbrink said:

From my favorite store for picks which I would have never shopped at had it not been for a tip from @jeffrey r this is a fantastic pour. 

y4mwK03v7ycB7AyVW6Tn1dc7n5wOM7u2V_WwpWi1

Love that Rare Breed glass.  How long have you had that?

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

Love that Rare Breed glass.  How long have you had that?

Only a few years bought two of them at a thrift shop. 

Rough day, rough week, smooth pour; I let it sit for 20 minutes and the first sip reminded me why this is one of my favorites. I can tell a difference from my first bottle, however...

rough.thumb.jpg.0251d640515e98f97af7fd5e3bc3d49d.jpg

• I like it 2

Planning to mess around with some EC blends this weekend. Gotta sample the goods first . . . 

41189690-06DD-4DF4-82E8-F68DEECA0063.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

Goin' back to the Well...

20180513_010818.jpg

Might only be a couple of years old, but it's still cool to see the older bottles...

Delivered one of these to a friend yesterday, and decided to open mine as well.  One of the best bargains out there right now (imo).

IMAG3359.jpg

• I like it 1

My first bottle of this. Thought it was very good, albeit the heat from the higher proof was a bit of a shock to my mouth compared to what I’ve been drinking recently. Definitely goes on the buy-again list. 

8CBF8F37-D0E5-49DA-95C2-9A4B34890898.jpeg

• I like it 2

Cleaning house today and while dusting bottles, I discovered I had room for one more on my "open" shelf.

Yay!

Fyi, that says "schnuck", not "schmuck" :)

IMAG3366.jpg

IMAG3368_1.jpg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

It's been a long time, many years in fact, since I had a glass of Johnny Drum.  Had this bottle for a few months, decided it was time to crack it open.  101 proof, charcoal filtered.  I was reminded instantly why I didn't like it back in the day, it's different and outside my preferred flavor profile.  I will have a glass each night this week to see if it grows on me.  If not, another story about why trying things is important, because if I don't love it, it means more to share with visitors.  

IMG_1931.jpg

Have had this one since before the holidays thanks to @beasled not sure what took me so long to open this since I'm an open everything kind of guy, but regardless glad to make my Wednesday night a bit more special. 

y4m8jdXmxXq16JAxkVB7HPsdyXnzyfQcUztj_8af

• I like it 4

Stave and Barrel by Glenn's Creek.  Opened this one up. Gonna have  a couple more pours before I throw up my impressions,  but initially... I'm digging it!

20180514_214152.jpg

9 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Have had this one since before the holidays thanks to @beasled not sure what took me so long to open this since I'm an open everything kind of guy, but regardless glad to make my Wednesday night a bit more special. 

y4m8jdXmxXq16JAxkVB7HPsdyXnzyfQcUztj_8af

Cheers Kevin!

• I like it 1

I opened up this one recently. Somewhat bittersweet. The bourbon is amazing, but I won't get another bottle. It is so tasty, I will have to restrain myself, as to make it last awhile. 

Cheers

IMG_2516.JPG

Just cracked this 14 year KCSB store pick from The Party Source. I bought it last year when I was passing through.

IMG_3261.JPG

Edited by silverc

Opened an ECSB NAS last night.  Surprisingly good.  Better than I remember 12 y.o. being.  Wish I could do a SBS but the 12 y.o. is long gone.,..

I finished off a number of extremely low fill bottles Friday night. To fill the void on my "open" shelf I decided to grab a few private selections from my bunker. :)

Biba! Joe

new.jpeg

• I like it 4

36 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I finished off a number of extremely low fill bottles Friday night. To fill the void on my "open" shelf I decided to grab a few private selections from my bunker. :)

Biba! Joe

new.jpeg

Nice line up there Joe.  Now back to filling those holes left in the bunker right? ????

On 5/16/2018 at 11:14 AM, 0895 said:

Cleaning house today and while dusting bottles, I discovered I had room for one more on my "open" shelf.

Yay!

Fyi, that says "schnuck", not "schmuck" :)

IMAG3366.jpg

IMAG3368_1.jpg

Are you in the STL. area? I didnt know Schnucks did this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.